Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1971 911S seats (tilt & sliders)... not fitting

Well the headrest looks like a recovered Scheel to me, not Recaro. The chrome recliner makes me think it is the optional BMW sportseat. I’ve read that they were slightly wider than the Porsche but, myth maybe. Certainly the chrome recliner was BMW not Porsche. The tilt console is not Porsche sportseat application either. Original 70/71 would have been perforated bolsters. Looks like you have a mixed bag there, hence your trouble mounting.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

most of the time (at least) I've seen sliders attach to the seat....and then the sliders attach to the tilt bracket and the bracket bolts to the floor.....so, perhaps you can drill more holes for the tilt bracket to bolt to the floor....then get some sliders.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Yup! I think that will be how I do it. ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by blucille View Post
    most of the time (at least) I've seen sliders attach to the seat....and then the sliders attach to the tilt bracket and the bracket bolts to the floor.....so, perhaps you can drill more holes for the tilt bracket to bolt to the floor....then get some sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    Please post more pictures of the home made junkyard joe tilts you have as I would like to give the builder an award for amazing effort but also an award for not giving up when clearly he should have gave up. Those can’t remotely be called sport seat parts and I would never put anything like that in an S. Did you get a really good deal? Totally home made brackets and poorly made too, that’s why it doesn’t fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickm View Post
    Wow. Wasn't expecting that last comment.
    This guy has jumped into the vacuum created by a recently banned user.

Took some getting used to, but most posts are self aggrandizing and acerbic toward people asking for help.

You'll get what you need here eventually in your thread, so I'd just ignore it.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Sorry if I was having a little fun at your expense. Your seats are fine aside from the chrome or non-original vinyl style. The base in those first pictures had someone like me laughing because I see a lot of work to make something that is well, something that looks like it was made in a 3rd world country. Looks like a combination of misc parts on a homemade frame using standard seat sliders and that gas strut to assist in lifting

Your best option is to find a pair of single locker original Recaro sport seat tilts with sliders that are correct for your 71.

Second option is to go reproduction. I won't endorse a repro but carpoint made a pair of tilts/slider assy that fit the car and original seats for under $500.

The way I see it the seats are half the part but the slider and tilt is the other half. Mounting seats alone without some type of base is impossible

Your'e saying there's a 14 year old at the wheel? Not a grown up? lol
    )

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post

Took some getting used to, but most posts are self aggrandizing and acerbic toward people asking for help.

You'll get what you need here eventually in your thread, so I'd just ignore it.
    Last edited by Nickm; 11-05-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Oh grow a thicker skin, that was clearly a laugh out loud picture of the homemade tilt.

Here is what you want.... ignore all the boxes of new parts, they keep falling off the shelves with all these CA earthquakes
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Not a worry. I just don't know that it's a "home made tilt" mechanism. Check out the video... it's actually a
    vary nicely made bracket... (once I removed the nasty looking slider mechanisms). It didn't look home made
    to me at all. Both sides (pass & driver) are identical clones of each other... and pro made, The shock-assist is
    made nicely... and works nice & smooth. Not factory though. I'll remove the shock assist, even though I'm sure
    it makes the seat much more "user friendly".... removing some of that forward or reverse momentum that a seat
    weighing in at 45 lbs would have, when tilting to get in the back seats.

Oh grow a thicker skin, that was clearly a laugh out loud picture of the homemade tilt.

Here is what you want.... ignore all the boxes of new parts, they keep falling off the shelves with all these CA earthquakes

THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS. Worth a 1000 words.