Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California fires...massive loss @ BENTON performance

California fires...massive loss @ BENTON performance

I was devastated to read this, over on Facebook and Instagram.....seems now is the time for the community to support John and our family at Benton Performance......I have no doubt they will rebuild, bigger, better and stronger than ever, but the impact to our community is massive

"

Dear Friends, Clients, and Porsche Community, late Wednesday, October 30th, Benton Performance and the Benton family experienced a devasting event when a neighboring facility caught on fire and this industrial fire spread rapidly to our buildings. Anaheim Fire Department responded swiftly, saving our main shop and offices. However, our warehouse and its contents were destroyed. Among the client and personal belongings lost were irreplaceable cars, matching number drivetrains, tools, and Porsche memorabilia collected over a lifetime.

As I stand in front of the burned-out warehouse, I can't help feeling the shock and pain of a lifetime of work gone up in flames, but I am so thankful that no one was hurt. I am so thankful for friends, clients and members of the Porsche community who reached out and who continue to call and text with well wishes, prayers, and offers of assistance. It is at these times that I am reminded of how truly grateful I am for all of you. Your encouragement gives me the strength and determination to walk into my business on this daunting Monday morning with the energy to rebuild.

And so, the process of working with insurance companies and starting the huge undertaking of re-building begins. I am also happy to report that we are still open for business and are doing everything we can to serve the Porsche community that we hold so dear.

Benton Performance was established in 1986 and this fire is not going to stop my 33 years of dedicated effort. I am focused on rebuilding to be better and stronger for the next 30 years and beyond.

All additional inquires can be directed to John Benton at john@bentonperformance.com

Name:  81C3E76A-5BD4-4093-B37D-DEBA996F5FF8.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  42.1 KB
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Bad loss !!!

Good thoughts and strength to John and staff...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Wow, that's horrible.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

This is Horrible, Scary and Sad...all the best to John and the crew.../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

I hope they will soon be back on track!
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

This is terrible, as if the high cost and difficultly of running a shop in California wasn’t enough. Some one else’s shop burns and takes your dreams with it. Good thing is John has built a great shop, lots of clients and has lots of help so I am sure they will be back bigger and better. Hope the insurance covers everything including the down time.

2 years ago I was in South East Asia on a job when I got a message from my mother.... “I hope your shop is ok in the wildfires”, WHAT!? I turned on the news and saw the horse training facility 1 mile from my shop was releasing horses so they wouldn’t burn in the barn. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! The feeling was insane watching my neighbors burn on the news while I am 7000 miles away. Luckily the winds going the other way and only came within a mile of my shop full of rare irreplaceable porsche parts.

Fire is one of those things that can take everything in a minute. I feel terribly sorry for the loss of all the good stuff that was in John’s building and the frustration he must be going through.
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 11-05-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Terrible news, cant imagine what it means to deal. Good hopes to rebuilt.
    Registry member No.773

Best wishes to John and all his staff as they work to rebuild their shop and facilities...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Chatted with John last night ... he's surprisingly upbeat considering the circumstances. Obviously he's devastated, but his comment to me was that his primary concern is that his people and clients are taken care of. He's facing forward rather than looking back which is truly the best thing at this point.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

This wasn't during the current round of fires but a couple of years ago, Victor Miles was packing up to leave, the fire did not reach the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!