Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Danger, danger Wil Robinson. You and your cars just might be on Google Street View.

It still surprises me how many people used the 'free' "what-do-you-look-like-in-40-years" like apps on FB (being used by a company in Russia to improve their facial recognition SW) or how many people use those Alexa devices freely.
    (which we all know purely exist to map your purchasing behavior)
    Even if you are aware of these things, you still get caught out sometimes because companies don't tell you all they're doing.

My wife and I were discussing how stupid time-shares were two days ago, when walking the street. Suddenly yesterday she received three (!) advertisements on her FB feed on time-shares.
    Coincidence? I think not.
    So one of our phones must have been 'listening', even though we're both not aware of any such application running. Creepy!

Anyway, glad you got it fixed Doug, and a reminder for us all to at least be aware of what you share and what not.
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Anyone who thinks FB is "free" doesn't realize they are the product. "Don't be evil" was actually in Google's corporate code of conduct. I'm not so sure they're actually following it now. Today the news came out that Google is in the process of collecting the detailed personal health information of millions of US citizens. I'm not reassured.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by skinnerd View Post
    "Holy sh_t"....
    Other options..

ridgeback.jpg

. . . Google responded very quickly in my view. Now my entire home including the car, kids in the driveway is all blurred out . . .
    . . . Most folks are pretty clueless about this....head in the sand as I said before . . .

Um . . .

. . . "Holy sh_t . . .Attachment 506374 . . .

. . . the original pic is still up

Jus' sayin'

We Can Be Heroes

Odd how Google can block your house from the screen during the entire street view drive past it. I am not trying to be a ass-hat, but point out how much information is already out there on EVERYONE. It took me 9 minutes to Google search and confirm on Google Earth where you live (thanks to the original posted image. You might want to take that down). If you haven't done it before, Google your name and find out how easy it is to find information about your life. It isn't just Google and FB. In Oregon, lots of records are public and out there for all to discover. I would love to join a class-action suit against whomever has profited from my personal information. In the back of my mind I know I signed some of those rights away when I chose, and continue to play in Mark Z.'s playground. I think this site sells ad space to those tracking my habits too. Should this be an Off Topic thread now?
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

I'm really glad you made this post. That's a legit concern I'd never considered. Does google announce when they're doing that though? Seems like there's no way to avoid it.

Overhead only views in rural America. The state of VA uses the company below.
    Resolution for the public sector is pretty good however I'm quite sure they "could" read the tags on your drawers if you're walking around outside in them and were a national threat.

Maxar Technologies

https://www.digitalglobe.com/resources

https://www.digitalglobe.com/products/securewatch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

. . . "Holy sh_t"....the expletives were flowing after a buddy of mine sent me a screen shot of my address from Google Street View . . .

. . . Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

A pic of my house from Street View showing the 911, myself and one of my kids
    . . .

Here's our privacy . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...=1#post1043202

We Can Be Heroes