Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Danger, danger Wil Robinson. You and your cars just might be on Google Street View.

Danger, danger Wil Robinson. You and your cars just might be on Google Street View.

"Holy sh_t"....the expletives were flowing after a buddy of mine sent me a screen shot of my address from Google Street View.

Last time I had looked at street view, the pics Google had in there was when the house had just been built and we were just moved in.
    Five years later obviously Google has been down our street with the Street View car taking new pics.
    Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

A pic of my house from Street View showing the 911, myself and one of my kids.

It took about 15 minutes for the ramifications of this to sink in.
    Ok, now everyone in the world knows a bright green Porsche resides at this address.
    Not cool....very not cool.

I've contacted Google thru their "report a problem" link and requested they blur out not only the car and people, but my entire house as well.

I think this is a real problem and supposedly according to what I've read, this is NOT an invasion of privacy issue.
    In reality, it really is.
    Google Street View is quite a useful tool for any crook or person with bad thoughts/deeds in mind.

So beware.
    Monitor your Google Street View images and anything else that might unknowing be on the Web.
    Crazy!
    Last edited by skinnerd; 11-12-2019 at 04:34 PM.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

in deed not cool...this last summer the google car passed twice(both directions) my house..i gave em the finger...twice

Yet great for checking out prospective buyers and sellers of items.
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

I just re-checked my street. They apparently don't do short dead end streets with no turnaround very often. Mine still dates from Aug 2011 when 4 of the 5 lots here were bare. Mine being one of them. Will watch for them to return someday. I don't care if they show the '96 Tacoma in the driveway, but not the Porsche in the garage.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

hard to believe they don't see the problem, and remove it immediately......

I'll let everyone know how long it takes for Google to blur this out.....
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

There are some weird things caught by google....

https://mashable.com/2017/08/26/weir...iew-sightings/

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    . . . some weird things caught by google . . .
    Hm . . .

. . . looks like my neighborhood

We Can Be Heroes

. . . Everybody's Watching

No one has any privacy

If you have address or a phone number? --- there's a record . . . somewhere

If you have a mortgage or a credit card or cable bill? . . . ditto

There are services you can purchase that can go out and 'scrub' some of the stuff that's out there --- but not public records. And 'invisible' costs

Privacy? No such right . . . read our Constitution . . . = nothing 'bout it

Privacy disappeared when they gave us our SSNs. And cameras are everywhere --- every phone comes with one

Short Version? . . .

. . . behave, 'cause . . .

Last edited by LongRanger; 11-10-2019 at 04:50 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Sometimes the lack of privacy works in your favor. My brother in law is in the data business. I was scammed by a guy selling parts through WTB post. He insisted on using Zelle. He was nowhere to be found but using the phone number required when using Zelle my brother in law found his current address and a cell # he had used in the last 2 hours. I filed a complaint with the local police giving all the details to an investigator. 3 days later I got a Zelle refund for the full amount. True story