. . . done that --- almost . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Miind View Post
. . . what in the everloving hell were they thinking? I guess they weren't . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
. . . My Best Friend had come down one Spring Break, and I’d offered to take him for A Ride. So, late on Friday night . . . . Black Star + Santiago + Old El Toro

. . . The Last Corner of Our Little Drive was a sneaky one . . . . a blind-apex + decreasing radius + off-camber + left-hander. I hadn’t paid much attention to it before . . .

. . . did the one thing one should never ever EVER do on a softly-spring + swing-axled anything

I brushed the brakes . . .

. . . and we hit that berm, at about a 60-degree offset, at just under 100 MpH. I remember seeing a wall o' dirt rush up --- bright + brown-grey, in my headlights . . . then suddenly seeing stars --- like, the up in the sky-type . . . . as the car contacted/deflected/ricocheted + went airborne --- motor zinging waaaay up, to/past redline as the back tires came off the ground . . . . until? ---

BOOM!

Dust --- everywhere . . . . in the lights, in the car . . . in my stupid . . . . open . . . . mouth

We'd flown about 30 yards . . . . landed right-side up . . . . in the still-soft dirt of the construction site, beyond the berm . . . . dumb-effing-lucky

I was 19