Thread: roster

roster

I just went through the updated roster. I have 73S 310 with engine 518. S 306 has engine 225. S 312 has 441. Those are the cars listed just before and after mine. Where did all those S engines go? Targas?
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

In 46 years how many still have their original engines? Yes, many went into Targas, and they were not installed in sequential order as well. I am never surprised by how the engine #'s jump around compared to the VIN.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

I'm the obsessive, compulsive who keeps the Targa list and always sort through the '67 Targas listed. Find some Targas by Vin number who are listed as 3 different owners. Probably sales but somewhat confusing. Since I neither care or list ownership on my thread, it is inconsequential to me, but wonder if some Vin numbers are incorrectly listed. Jim Amato you owe me pictures of your three targas.

Targa have another serial number then the coupe' (6th figure "1" vs "0") ... many engines were kept as replacement or special applications and, indeed, the fitting was far from being sequential ... as the chassis # do not necessarily follow the build date chronological order ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Thanks Biancaneve. I don't follow engine number or any other details. Only VIN with a picture. Just trying to point out that in the roster which does list both vin and the associated engine number there are at least 2 '67 Targas with same vin and engine as being listed as belonging to three seaparate owners. Roster problem?

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Thanks Biancaneve. I don't follow engine number or any other details. Only VIN with a picture. Just trying to point out that in the roster which does list both vin and the associated engine number there are at least 2 '67 Targas with same vin and engine as being listed as belonging to three seaparate owners. Roster problem?
    I'd say ... same car changing keepers within the ESR members ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Tom, you are correct, it can be an irritating problem.The registry was a very useful resource when it was initiated. As soon as cars started changing hands then the ownership trail began to get muddied. An additional tag (column) to indicate when the entry was added would help with understanding the ownership trail. Address changes along with telephone and email are seldom updated by owners.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

I've experienced similar problems with outdated information. In addition to a last updated field the roster should include current membership information if member chooses not to opt-out.
    Early 911S Registry #3811
    '70 911S Coupe Tangerine
    Instagram @turkis.tii