Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Edited, sorry.
    Last edited by Soterik; 02-03-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Thumbs up

And the same back to'ya Eric..

And to all, and all of yours... Have'a warm, thankful, and safe Thanksgiving …

Cheers,
    The ESR
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Even got some cool temps here in South Florida for a nice early morning drive. Extra thankful for that!

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Same to you Eric and all the ESR members!
    Reg#2218

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2mny View Post
    Same to you Eric and all the ESR <people>!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Desert Snow

Woke-up kinda early that Thursday AM + heard some rain softly dripping off the roof-tops. So, before the weather got any worse, took the Nasty Dog out for his morning constitutional

Light rain = no big deal

So, about half way through our stroll, even though the rain was still falling --- I wasn't really hearing anything . . . no dripping, no splashing, gentle rain-type sounds, no nothing

Even though it was pretty obvious that something was still falling

Hm

I noticed that, instead of the usual rain droplets dropping, what was coming down looked more like, well --- flower-petals . . .

HEY! --- wait a minute . . . that looks like . . .

. . . . !

Ruh-roh

Nothing was sticking = not too worried, soooooo . . .

. . . we toddled on back home, dried-off + I got us ready to drive on over to Zovig's for Thanksgiving

As I finished my shower, the dripping I'd heard earlier has stopped, so . . .

. . . took a quick glimpse outside --- thinking that maybe the weather was clearing, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand . . .

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

More Desert Snow . . .

No big deal, right?

I could still see lots of ground, so I figured the Ol' Porty-mobile could handle a little slushiness. I mean, this is the desert, right? How much snow could ever fall here? Seriously

So I went upstairs, shaved + got dressed, then headed down to collect our stuff, load-up + motor off to Zovig's

Took another quick peek outside . . .

We Can Be Heroes

More Desert Snow . . .

Not letting-up

In fact --- looks like it's PICKING-up

I'm about 60k mi thru a set o' 80k all-seasons, so ---- if we're leaving town? . . . I need to get on my horse, like NOW

I crunch-crunch out to the truck, sweep off a coupla inches o' heavy/wet/sticky/rapidly-accumulating white stuff off the windows, jump in + start 'er up, then roll around to the Car Hole, and -------- load 'em up!

We Can Be Heroes

More Desert Snow . . .

The Trucklet 's FWD --- so, with the engine out over the driving wheels, they have pretty-decent purchase on the road . . .

. . . long as the snow 's not too-TOO deep

The local highway 's usually fairly busy, so I was pretty-confident that the road surface there would be made more-driveable by any traffic that was moving on it

Problem was getting there. Highway 's few miles off, and since no one's really out driving anywhere, at this point, navigating cross-town on a bunch of un-used feeder streets quickly covering up in snow was looking pretty-damn problematic/sketchy, and so --- as we go a-sloshing-off into the murk, well . . . I asked myself . . .

. . . do I feel lucky?

Pfff --- silly question . . . luck is for rabbits. Besides, I was hungry . . . + Zovig's a really-good cook

Took a little while, but I made it to one of the larger boulevards, then over to the highway . . .

We Can Be Heroes

More Desert Snow . . .

. . . CHP were platooning cars down the highway, by then, so I joined the mob . . . + motored on

They were running a RWD Charger Pursuit for this detail, so . . .

. . . if he's not worried 'bout traction, then I'm not worried 'bout traction. So I settled in for a nice/quiet/slow cruise down the hill

Couple miles on + as we dropped down <2000 ft, the snow turn to rain = the road cleared

Thankful to make it to dinner --- on-time more-or-less . . . + safe + sound

Never thought I had to move to a desert --- to see snow, but . . .

We Can Be Heroes