Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
Max Warburton on Tesla:
"Tesla no longer has genuinely differentiated tech."

https://www.fircroft.com/blogs/the-i...et-72972410121

"The prevailing rationale for electric vehicles is largely predicated on the assumption that they offer a zero-emissions form of personal transportation.

This assumption is based on a flaw. The electricity to power an electric vehicle must come from somewhere- and what electric car advocates often fail to acknowledge is that this electricity predominantly comes from fossil fuels. After all, coal, oil and natural gas combined produce over 65% of electricity across the globe."

Mazda:
"best average fleet economy of any manufacturer selling cars in the US (30.1mpg and 295g CO2/mile) even without having any hybrids or EVs in its lineup."

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/03...king-too-soon/

I’m not here to start an environmental fight. Or defend Tesla.

What I said was that electric cars have the most amazing driving acceleration in real world usage. It’s so addictive I can’t go back.

Tesla differentiates itself to me on battery capacity and charging network. Their service is really good too. And much cheaper that the Porsche besides being faster, bigger and longer range. When Porsche meets my needs I’d rather buy that one.

As for emissions global data is no good. Look at production by region and you will see that the coastal regions of the US are far more clean energy production than the rest of the US. I live in a coastal area. Further coal is primarily used for peak energy production - I charge my car overnight at the lowest rates and when the base stations (cleaner) are being used. Peak is kore expensive as they go to inefficient and dirty coal or oil secondary plants.

But again I love the surge of electric and the low center gf gravity. That’s why I bought it. Though I feel great about helping the environment.

There’s a reason why supercars are using electric motors in part. Coming out of that apex - look out!