Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thoughts and Prayers for a Fellow Member

I know I echo all those here when I say my heart is broken by this news. It is incomprehensible. Words struggle to express the overwhelming grief. The loss of young life full of promise. The pain and heartache of the survivors. I wish both families peace during this difficult time.

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts, prayers.

It's been a tough 2 months.

The world lost 2 incredible people, young, full of life and promise, and the future beckoned.

A father (Steven) has lost his only 2 children (and his wife died 2 years ago).... he's been incredibly stoic and full of grace, he probably won't walk for another couple of months as he's still healing from his injuries. My son Andy lost his future wife Rebecca, and brother in law Michael. Andy is almost healed physically, and he was able to go back to work pretty quickly. Many of you have met him over the years at RGruppe and Lit meet, he's my older son. I joined him at his home in Alaska when he went back to work and spent about 3 weeks with him. Very hard to walk into that apartment they shared.

We are on a long road, the world won't be the same for all of those affected including the 20+ people who were with us at that wonderful Thanksgiving dinner the night before the tragedy.

Below are two pics. One is my son Andy with his fiancee Rebecca, and the other is Steven with his son Michael. The pic of Michael and Steven was taken the "night before" during Thanksgiving.

Thanks again.
    Eric

BTW, my wife thought it was ok to mention that Rebecca and Michael's father Steven is also "one of us". He's got multiple cars including a very nice 356C and his mechanic is our own Dave from TRE.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Anything you need, just let us know. I am sure we'll find a way.

Nice to see your post Eric. All are with you.

Eric, I've just seen this post...what a senseless tragedy! My prayers with you and your family
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Hi Eric, Good to hear from you..Lots of friends here in So Cal, let us know how we can help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Eric, thank you for posting. I can’t even imagine the heartache you, your family and Steven have endured and will continue to. My heart breaks for you all. Other than prayers and thoughts (which ARE powerful) please know that countless are here for you all. As GeorgeK posted, ANYTHING the affected families need, please reach out, via pm or post, we’ll make it happen my friend.
    Reg#2218