Anke
    356 A 58 silver
    302485 light ivory
    500248 Softwindow light ivory
    500441 Softwindow S light ivory
    2.2 S Targa geminiblue
    2.4 T Targa black
    2.4 S Targa vipergreen
    2.7 RSR tribute green (original 2.4 E 1972)

Macan GTS black
    Boxter S black
    997 Turbo Cabriolet black

BMW R 17
    BMW R 69S black with Steib 500

1969 912 tangerine coupe 82K original miles
    1974 911 red targa 71K original miles

Tom Michelsen
    Central Coast Heaven

Shell Beach, California

Thank you Tom!

So the first is found.

Any idea where to find the plate frame of Competition Motors Culver City?

Kind regards

Anke
    356 A 58 silver
    302485 light ivory
    500248 Softwindow light ivory
    500441 Softwindow S light ivory
    2.2 S Targa geminiblue
    2.4 T Targa black
    2.4 S Targa vipergreen
    2.7 RSR tribute green (original 2.4 E 1972)

Macan GTS black
    Boxter S black
    997 Turbo Cabriolet black

BMW R 17
    BMW R 69S black with Steib 500

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Michelsen View Post
    That's a reproduction being passed off as original.

Quote Originally Posted by softwindow View Post
    I´m looking for the following license plate frames:

Competition Motors Culver City
    Competition Motors Hollywood
    Competition Motors North Hollywood
    Vasek Polak Manhattan Beach
    Vasek Polak Hermosa Beach

Kind regards

Anke
    Anke, If you can find an original of any one of those frames for under $1000 I'd recommend buying it. They're highly sought after and often faked. Do yourself a favor and look at originals and know the differences before you spend the money. If you're ok with reproductions then you should have no problems finding one reasonably priced.

p.s. LivefromNY is correct. There was a later run done by the dealership of these frames but the frame in the ebay ad is not from the '80s or before.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Very nice, authentic VP Hermosa frames, the later (although not the latest) black/white variety, can be had here in the States in the $400-$500 range. Earlier chrome VP Hermosa frames are a bit more. Even earlier VP Manhattan frames (they're all chrome) are more and, indeed, some varieties fetch north of $1k.

I've been collecting VP frames since the the 1980's when I used to catch a bus in front of the dealership to get to get to my college classes so I can attest that the fakes are out there (but easy to spot if you know what you're looking for).

I'm not as helpful on the Competition frames other than to tell you that I rarely see them anymore.

Regarding Competition Motors . . .

. . . dealership frames . . .

As far as I can tell, CM license frames come in several varieties --- more distinct/particular for time rather than place. Also, the various locations that CM operated from are a bit problematic --- another post . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post666242

Anyway, Johnny von Neuman started CM in the early '50s and sold Volkswagens alongside Porsches --- which seems to 've been reflected in his license frames, with versions produced before 1969 showing symbols for both . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post595407
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post568392

In late 1969, Porsche changed their distribution arrangements, with Audi taking the place of VW. According to the PDL's, CM was still located in Woodland Hills, at that time; I have not seen any CM frames from Woodland Hills w/Porsche + Audi on them that I would consider genuine

The last year that Mr von Neuman owned/operated CM was 1972, when the dealership moved to Culver City; this frame would've been produced for only a brief time . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post835520

I don't know what year your vehicle is, but you might keep the various dates in mind when you purchase

HtH --- + good luck!

Last edited by LongRanger; 12-08-2019 at 05:49 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

5D1D1F74-8548-4E53-838A-33321FF003CD.jpgI have an original gold Competition Motors Woodland Hills frame.

Gary Emory has been saving it and when Rod Emory finished s speedster for me over 10 years ago they gave it to me. Rod took photos of it (above) then had it restored (I wish it had been kept unrestored now).

I sold the speedster but kept the frame. Don’t really need it now as I try to use the actual dealer’s frame now to the car.

What’s it worth?

Woodland Hills was the prime location.

Not a ton in that condition, I'm afraid. Might be able to convince someone to pay a couple bills for it. Is it restored now?

As a comparison, I sold the same brass frame last year in MUCH better original condition for $700. Condition plays a big part in the price on these.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Not a ton in that condition, I'm afraid. Might be able to convince someone to pay a couple bills for it. Is it restored now?

As a comparison, I sold the same brass frame last year in MUCH better original condition for $700. Condition plays a big part in the price on these.
    It’s fully restored now. I prefer the patina!