Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Porsche 911S Recaro seats (8 pairs)

You would think too that anyone with his collection of early 911 seats would not be a first-timer on this forum....seems a bit odd.

hello clyde, thanks for your question: it seems sensible to post a definition swb vs lwb seats here. here in germany porsche recaro sports seats are defined as swb recaros without headrests or (if buckets) the 4-legs modell. so if you would say the 67 models (bucket 67+68). Recaro introduced the headrests for the Recaro sports seats in 1968. it is clear that this did not go hand in hand with the introduction of the long wheelbase 911 - to this extent the new seat models WITH headrests were actually installed in the late swb (1968) 911. these new models (with rails directly on the underside of the seat) were produced from recaro until around 1975. if the headrests of the pair of seats offered here are still the original, then this is not a 68 model but from 10/71 up. I can usually determine the exact year of construction if I can visit the seat AND everything is still original at the seat. if letherette and cord were first replaced or other tinkering around, it can usually only be determined with certainty whether swb or lwb but with 100% certainty! in summary: swb recaro sports seat - this means the model that was without a headrest and that is also a completely different model than the 68er. hope the translator translates this understandably. otherwise like to ask. greeting

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    You would think too that anyone with his collection of early 911 seats would not be a first-timer on this forum....seems a bit odd.
    It has scam written all over, first post ever, but the seats appear to all exist in one location, based on the background of the photo so perhaps I am being way too harsh.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I'll try to call the seller on Monday...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

@nickb4: what do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by fastrnu View Post
    This has the ID of jacksonb and alekzandr written allover it. Aka sheridan wyoming. Look it up for those not familiar with his mo. Jacksonb has been online in the last day no doubt looking at his handiwork.

Link to a thread about his multiple sets of sport seats, see post #12 http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...light=jacksonb
    Yeah, I think Frank was on the mark
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    I'll try to call the seller on Monday...
    Forgot to call...just sent myself a reminder for Tuesday...apologies.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Save your energy I think Peter
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Hello Clyde, I am located near Downtown Los Angeles, CA.

I'm not sure if they are LWB or SWB, what's the diffrence? I can confirm for you.