Thread: rebuilt 2.4 MFI motor

rebuilt 2.4 MFI motor

Sold Sold Sold
    I have this posted over on Pelican but thought there might be more interest here.
    $14,000 For sale is a rebuilt 72 2.4 engine S pistons, E cams with MFI. This started life in a 72 sportomatic targa I used to own. Engine type is 911/61. Engine number 6129033. The standard machine work for mag case engines has been performed. Case mains honed to standard size. Oil bypass mod done, Inserts installed for head studs, spigots decked true and bores trued after inserts. A Std/Std crank was polished, magnafluxed and balanced. Rods were rebuilt including resize big end, new bushings in small end, new bolts and then balanced and polished. Intermediate shaft received new sprockets. Glyco main and intermediate bearings with Automotive associates Cleveite rod bearings. New 2.4 S piston and cylinder set was used. Heads were rebuilt with machining of mating surface and valve job with new valve guides and valves. Cams were replaced with factory E-cams cleaned up by Webcam. Rockers were refaced with new bushings and shafts. Oil pump upgraded to SC pump. New timing chains and sprockets ramps and pressure fed tensioners, late model idlers and turbo lower valve covers. Engine has approximately 5000 miles of use. Engine dynos at 142HP and 142Lb/ft of torque at the wheels on Dynojet dyno. Mfi system is 2.4T with mild porting of Throttle bodies to match intake and stacks to match as well. MFI has been tuned on car with wide band o2 do deliver full throttle mixture form 12-13.5 to 1. Engine is sold complete less exhaust (914 headers installed now) and oil cooler can be replaced with 911 style (currently 914).
    Currently installed in 914 so can be driven. If you want additional inspection by local shop I can take car at your cost.
    If you are interested and want more details PM me and I will send you my phone number so we can talk.
    Thanks,
    john

More pics and video on pelican.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...4-rebuilt.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by targa72e; 01-11-2020 at 08:42 AM.