Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Remembering Cris Huergas

Old Interview with Cris Huergas

I did an interview with Cris back in 2009 and will post a link below. Many knew Cris and his influence in the Porsche world, but for those of you who didn't get to ever meet him and talk to him about R Gruppe, some good info in the interview.

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/...-cris-huergas/

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    I did an interview with Cris back in 2009 and will post a link below. Many knew Cris and his influence in the Porsche world, but for those of you who didn't get to ever meet him and talk to him about R Gruppe, some good info in the interview.

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/...-cris-huergas/

---Adam
    Thanks for posting this Adam. I never really knew the details of R Gruppe and how it came to be.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

Really sad, RIP Cris.

My early Cris and R Gruppe images were lost with a burned up hard drive. The nice images here bring it back. Might anyone have an image of Cris in his original Alameda garage?

Cris' enthusiasm for life and building/enjoying special 911s was infectious. It still IS as long as we have his memory.

Speaking of memory: I remember in 2004 sitting at a closing banquet in Monterey while Cris announced every single member's name (over 100) as he looked around the huge room. Cris did not read those names off of a list. He knew everyone!

My wife, Monica, just reminded me of once driving back from Cambria with Cris and Renee. We cruised along in the night with our windows down and took turns backing off, then blasting past each other while "the audience" enjoyed the sounds... yes, that special music. RIP pal.

Below is an early image before there was an R Gruppe. Cris with Ernie Wilberg's '67S and his '69S. EASY was always "the place" and became our NorCal meeting place. Name:  Cris with Ernie's 67S & his 69S at EASY. Early days - Copy.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  42.4 KB

That was a sad Day for the Porsche World Community, RIP Chris . Although I did not met him in Person that 2000 R Gruppe Photo from Excellence and also an European Car Mag article back in the Day stood me for life and was very inspirational to me to pursue an early Porsche which I did back in 2002 . Lesson learned for me on those articles was that not always having an 100% original car was the right thing to do and you can always play with them big time. Hope the best for his Family and Friends during this tough times .
    Joe 912
    '68, 912
    Mexico
    Early 911S Registry # 1918

Condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P.
    Former Early Registry Member #2065

1973 Silver 914/4 2.0 (sold)
    1986 GP White 930
    1991 Midnightblue Metalic 964 C2
    2003 Artic Siver 996 Turbo X50

Thumbs up A SoCal Celebration of Life...

A SoCal Celebration of Life for Cris…
    On the same day as the service in NorCal...

See PECLA Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7oZyrBljUY/

SoCal RGruppe email:

Saturday, February 1st, please join together to Celebrate R Gruppe Co-Founder Cris Huergas at the Porsche Experience Center LA.

The first Saturday of the month is PECLA's Morning Shift. R Gruppe will be the featured marque. PECLA will be making the announcement shortly, by Monday the 20th. After the announcement has been made by PECLA, please share EVERYWHERE on Social Media. We want this to be THE most attended Morning Shift to date, or ever...

Cheers,
    Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

This by David Schultz off the Pelican board:

There was a funeral followed by a memorial service for Cris this past Saturday in Alameda, the gathered Porsches (tons of them) gave him a "21 gun salute", Porsche-style:

https://youtu.be/ihz0oXRIhd8

David Schultz
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Speechless, Thanks Chuck.

Spectacular send off...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616