Thread: Interested in carpet

Interested in carpet

I have someone who is selling a complete cinnamon carpet set for my 76 Carrera. "Top quality, leather binding, thick MM pile, factory backing".
    It is not what the factory produced for my vehicle. For my vehicle, Porsche produced a very rough needle felt style carpet with a loose weave. Additionally, these carpets lacked the black ribbed rubber protection sewn into the driver’s floor mat and the area in front of the gear shift, saving approximately 0.7 kg (1.5 lbs). This cheaply produced carpet material was likely selected for its lower cost and weight, but the result was a fairly durable carpet as compared to other models.
    So in keeping with originality I would need to take out the rubber protection. Yes I know the material is not the same rough loose weave style, but what would carpet cost if I were to buy new?
    Last edited by bcgreen; 01-12-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI
    Ferrari 308
    '66 Hertz Shelby 350H
    '68 Shelby 500KR
    '68 Dodge Charger
    TR 6
    450 SL
    MC40
    G35

Recently I've had the best luck with Lakewell. www.lakewell.com Carpet kit for my 76S, excellent quality, blue black complete set except the trunk was around $900 shipped. Even better now with the Euro at $1.11. Located in Belgium but shipping was quick and easy. Highly recommend them for service and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by bdladd View Post
    Recently I've had the best luck with Lakewell. www.lakewell.com Carpet kit for my 76S, excellent quality, blue black complete set except the trunk was around $900 shipped. Even better now with the Euro at $1.11. Located in Belgium but shipping was quick and easy. Highly recommend them for service and quality.
    Really, a complete set for $900 - wow, sounds great.
    Last edited by bcgreen; 01-12-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI
    Ferrari 308
    '66 Hertz Shelby 350H
    '68 Shelby 500KR
    '68 Dodge Charger
    TR 6
    450 SL
    MC40
    G35

Quote Originally Posted by bdladd View Post
    Problem with Lakewell is that they don't make Cinnamon.
    1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI
    Ferrari 308
    '66 Hertz Shelby 350H
    '68 Shelby 500KR
    '68 Dodge Charger
    TR 6
    450 SL
    MC40
    G35