Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Porsche Dual Battery Doesn't Fit

member #1515
    Steve,
    In europe it might have been different, but my 73 came with opaque white batteries. You could see the water level from the side of the battery. I think they had the Porsche brand name on them, but can't really recall. Tops were white too, they had a rubber isolation block on positive.
    Really bad leakers.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Steve, over 35 years of ownership of a '73S coupe I've replaced the stock batteries several times. Each time it's a bit of a struggle to make them fit. I haven't had the lip at the base you've had to remove but the batteries I've replaced have always been tight fitting and required a bit of shoe horning in. Not sure what you refer to when you mention a "vent tube". Maybe I've just missed it but I'm not aware of a vent tube. Lots of guys have converted to a single 12V battery but I haven't wanted to do that. Porsche put two batteries in the front for balance in '69-73 and although I know there are better solutions today I'm OK with that. Good Luck.

The Odyssey AGM batteries are small and fit easily. I've had a pair in for over 3 years now with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Edwards View Post
    The Odyssey AGM batteries are small and fit easily. I've had a pair in for over 3 years now with no problems.
    What size Odyssey do you use?
    Current fleet, mostly rubbish automobiles and other assorted junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
    The battery pictured in the driver's manual is a DETA.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Hi, I have asked IsayDingDong to create this decal for my 356a. I have an original warranty certificate stamped 28 june 1956. the type number of the 12v version was unknown to me at that time. I used the details on my certificate te recreate this item for the 6v version and a picture of the original 1956 decal, so except the lack of patina, its an exact replica of this year.

They have made several decals for me based on design i created from original advertisements/books or original decals i have on items. They are great ! really helpful to work out the right detailing.

Hello everyone,

I have asked isaydingdong to create another Deta sticker for 911s based on the information posted earlier. The battery model number will be 53626 but does anybody know what the correct number should be on the top right? Is it still 6Ga6? Jon B’s photos in post 23 show a 12v battery but I cannot make out the number on the top right to see if we can break the code. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Gitesh
    Last edited by 911GP; 11-25-2020 at 04:31 AM.