Thread: Price inquiry: 1965 Aluminum Case 911 2.0 Running Engine

Price inquiry: 1965 Aluminum Case 911 2.0 Running Engine

I have acquired from the purchase of a kit car a complete running 1965 aluminum case 911 2.0 with 40 IDA Webers. The car was assembled with all the parts from the 65, brakes, wheels, trans ect. The gauge cluster says 52,000 miles that are probably original but no way to verify. Previous owner said it was rebuilt with high compression pistons and updated cams but I can not verify but is sounds like it would. It also has the central located air filter assembly that I have been told is probably from a 67 or 68 911 that I guess is very rare also.

From what I understand this is a highly sought after engine for the vintage guys but the vintage value doesn't mean squat for this kit car. Upon doing some research I have seen the cases alone listed for 22-45,000. I have 2 directions to go. Sell the engine outright or take in partial and cash trade towards it for a good complete running 2.7-3.0 but I would want it with Webers and a points distributor. I want to hook up a low pressure pump and a wire to the coil and have it run. Don't want to deal with FI at this point.

Looking for some input. I am a VW guy and have never dealt with the flat 6. Getting feedback that one of these depending on running condition will bring $25-35,000 so thats the area I want to be in.
    S/N on case 901/01 with 1937 stamped below that. Another number I find *902037* hopefully this helps. You can see and hear it run here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCbOzHHkfU

Thanks
    Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images      

This should be for a late 3018xx to early 3019xx vin car. So late MY65. Very cool find!

Just to educate you, cases don't sell in the $22k-45k range unless very early i.e 64.

Cases for 65/66 cars go in the 6-10k range. Complete engines you can add another $8k-$10k.
    Still have to consider it a core all be it a good one if running.
    911 1967S 308470
    [B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green
    [B]911 1965 302962 Polo Red
    911 1965 300760 White SOLD
    911 1971S S/T 2.5
    914-6 1970 GT 2.3
    Look for me at a track near you!
    Early S Reg #2699
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/MachineMotorsports

For some real entertainment, let's see a drive video. Hook a Go Pro on the roll bar and let it rip. Looks to be a fun buggy.
    '66 912 with a 2.2
    '62 Lotus Seven S2
    '66 Lotus Elan
    '63 Karmann Ghia convertible
    '76 Alfa Spider

Welcome to the ESR. Once you settle on a price, please list in our FS section. Thanks!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I would love to drive it but trust me the rest of it is not road worthy. These cars are very rare so my heart tells me to restore but my brain tells me to sell. Don't know which one will win in the end

Thanks
    Jeff

Is that one of these?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

Mid engine dune buggy with a 911 engine? Certainly that would be more fun than the 15K or so the motor would bring.