Thread: Help with tire recommendations for narrow body

Help with tire recommendations for narrow body

I have a 72 narrow body currently with 7” wide Fuchs with 185/70/15 pirelli cn36s on my 72 narrow body. I plan to keep this set of tires and wheels

But I just purchased maxi lites for deep 6s and 7rs. To run a more aggressive tire combination. I think the maxi Lites have a 47 mm offset)

I would really appreciate any recommendations for tire (brand, size, and aspect ratio). I was thinking about s staggered set but I wonder what is best with the different wheels sizes

Thanks in advance !

Todd

Todd,

I too have a narrow body 72 (an S) which underwent a total restoration and early on i took the decision to try and maximise the tyre contact patch when the car was eventually put back on the road. Essentially, i tried to replicate the RS set up without distorting the narrow body wheel arches.

So after much research and some trial and error, i have ended up with the following comb which i know fits and for me, works well:

Front, Original deep 6: Avon CRZZ 185/70/15
    Rear - Original 7R (i think the offset is 49mm): Rolled arch lips, 55mm studs, 5mm spacers and Avon CRZZ 205/60/15. This gives clearance for both the bodywork and the oil lines inside the rear wheelarch

At the back, I did try longer studs, 10mm spacer and 215/70/15 Avons but these rubbed both on the inside of the wheelarch and on the sill oil pipe. The 215's have been re-purposed onto my 1965 Mustang Fastback.....

Good luck