Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash pad discussion thread

Dash pad discussion thread

I have been trying to place an order with Lakewell, I have tried numerous times, I tried to change my password with no luck, there system sucks. I have emailed them twice and they have not responded to either email. I guess they dont care about customer service. Anybody else have problems with them?

I've placed dozens of orders with them. By standards that Americans have come to expect for ecommerce customer service, they can be erratic and slow to respond. But they carry some nice products and have stood behind them in the rare instance that I've had an issue. Be patient. They'll get back to you.

Stupid Question Club Member here....but where are you even ordering a Lakewell dash from?

The so-called "Lakewell" dash (actually made by CarPoint) is, sadly, no longer available. The current dash offered by Lakewell is terrible.

try phoning , I found them very efficient and they have a very good product
    PORSCHE 911S '66

I have moved on, still no response to two different email. They missed out on a $2000+ sale. In this day and age not responding to emails is really stupid. They should have staff for that or don’t bother listing an email.

Rule of retail: Make it easy for the customer to spend money.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    The so-called "Lakewell" dash (actually made by CarPoint) is, sadly, no longer available. The current dash offered by Lakewell is terrible.
    Darn it!!! I was going to buy one, the knee guards, and door caps but didn't want them sitting around in the way until I was ready.

I was told they were the best, so who is second "best"?
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

I've been told by experienced Porsche restorers that the current offering from Porsche Classic is about as good as you can get today, other than the very obvious error in the speaker grill pattern.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    I've been told by experienced Porsche restorers that the current offering from Porsche Classic is about as good as you can get today, other than the very obvious error in the speaker grill pattern.
    In my opinion, you're MUCH better offer sending a cracked dash to Tony at Autobahn (or one of the other dash restorers) and let him recover it. Even with the seam, it's a much better looking dash than that Porsche Classic disaster.

FYI... I continue to monitor the CarPoint dash situation. It continues to be "coming soon" as far as I know...