Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machine shop needed

Machine shop needed

I asked this on my build thread but got no response, so I値l try a separate post. Looking for a qualified Porsche machine shop within a days drive of Tulsa Ok.覧
    Dallas, Kansas City, Denver, St. Louis, Albuquerque, Memphis, etc.
    Thanks for any help,

Mike M
    1969 911S
    1969 Datsun 2000...worth less, but more valuable

Surely there are machine shops in middle America capable of dealing with Porsche parts. I know that Ollie’s is the go to shop, but I’d really rather not ship. The local independent Porsche repair shop recommended Jones Autowerks in San Antonio Tx. Anyone have any dealings with them? Hope to have engine completely stripped today and need to make arrangements for machining. Really need some help here.

Thanks, Mike M
    1969 911S

Bob at Jones Autowerks is good but not sure he has a machine shop. I can ping a client of his I know.
    Robert Callaway | 1970 T Coupe | 1990 C2 Coupe | PCA | Early S | R Gruppe

Robert, thanks for the reply. When I tried to find info on Jones the only thing I found was that they did repair. Since the local shop is shipping their machine work to him one would think they do have a machine shop. Can’t imagine they are sending their work and he is subbing it out! Hard to believe that there is not a machine shop in the Dallas/ Ft Worth area.
    1969 911S

There are a couple of good Porsche shops in Tulsa. Who do they use? ...did you check with Rennsport or Speedsportz?
    -Jay
    Seabrook, TX
    '68 911T project -The Rat
    '74 911 3.0 EFI Twin Plug toy
    '80 Weissach 3.2 S.S. Grocery Getter
    '70 914/6 GT vintage race car

Rennsport directed me to Jones. I’m unfamiliar with Speedsportz, but I will check with them. Thanks for the advice.
    1969 911S

It will be a lot easier shipping than dealing with problems that may be created by other machine shops .

I agree. Kinda like measure twice, cut once.

Quote Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
    Surely there are machine shops in middle America capable of dealing with Porsche parts. I know that Ollie痴 is the go to shop, but I壇 really rather not ship. The local independent Porsche repair shop recommended Jones Autowerks in San Antonio Tx. Anyone have any dealings with them? Hope to have engine completely stripped today and need to make arrangements for machining. Really need some help here.

Thanks, Mike M
    I've dealt with Bob Jones, he is highly regarded for his builds. Not sure if he does machine work but its worth a call to find out. Tell him Adam said hi!

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Contact our own Ed Mayo at Mayo Performance in Texas.

Regards

Jim
    PS: I’m a big fan of Ed