Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rubber gas hoses go brittle again!

My professor, Dr. Mayo, recommended the cloth braided hoses and I used them where I could watch and monitor them and easily replace them.

I took a different path on the hoses at the bottom of the tank and under the car and used Cohline 2240 hose. It is rated for basically all fuels, ethanol and diesel included. High temperature ratings too.

I feel more confident using that in places I cannot see it. Running the same on my 964 in a few places. Five years later, and zero issues.

So a hybrid of solutions in my case. If and when my 2240 fails, I will gladly let Ed tell me the errors of my ways. ; )
    Robert Callaway | 1970 T Coupe | 1990 C2 Coupe | PCA | Early S | R Gruppe

On my 78 Turbo outlaw project I replaced all of the fuel lines with alcohol resistant fuel lines. Most were stainless steel braided, however next time I do this I would use the fabric braided lines. I also replaced the fuel lines thru the tunnel with 3/8" hard lines. I don't think I want to do that again. What a HUGE pain and if you do not have patience for this - don't do it.
    DD: 2008 Aston Matin V8 Vantage (manual)
    Wife's: 2020 Cayenne (white - black/red)
    2008 Porsche GT3-RS (modified)
    1978 Porsche 930 (heavily modified)
    1967 Porsche 911S outlaw (sold)

The line Bel Metric currently sells is noticeably higher quality than the older cohine braided stuff. Of course time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    The line Bel Metric currently sells is noticeably higher quality than the older cohine braided stuff. Of course time will tell.

Yes, I bought the Cohline 2240 from them last time. It's under the "Multi-Fuel Hose-Ethanol Approved" section.
    Robert Callaway | 1970 T Coupe | 1990 C2 Coupe | PCA | Early S | R Gruppe

Quote Originally Posted by TurkisTii View Post
    I just ordered the Porsche part number from Pelican and will report back on what I get.
    I'm sure I paid 10x for the Porsche OEM hose 999-180-030-5A. Here's what I got.

Name:  IMG_20201221_095633.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  132.6 KB

Name:  DWD DIN 73379.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  122.4 KB

Here's the Flennor hose recommended by others from Belmetric. I would have gone this route if I clearly knew what I needed. I'm including the link and image.

https://www.belmetric.com/multifuel-...d-p-14353.html

Name:  RHM7BRAID - Flennor Multi-Fuel Hose 7mm Braided.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  80.3 KB
    Early 911S Registry #3811
    '70 911S Coupe Tangerine
    Instagram @turkis.tii

there appear to be a bunch of sub-categories to the DIN 73379 standard

http://www.online-catalogues.com/upl...-hoses-eng.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by zundfolge View Post
    there appear to be a bunch of sub-categories to the DIN 73379 standard

http://www.online-catalogues.com/upl...-hoses-eng.pdf
    Correct and that's why I originally purchased the Porsche part and posted photos of exactly what I got. You'll want DIN 773379 Type B (3/82) if you want the original cloth braided exterior hose. These are the leaky hoses I removed. Name:  IMG_20201223_114113.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  253.1 KB
    Early 911S Registry #3811
    '70 911S Coupe Tangerine
    Instagram @turkis.tii