Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump bracket 1971 911T

Fuel pump bracket 1971 911T

Hi there,

Wondering if I could ask for some help with my 71 911T. The original fuel pump bracket I believe was mounted under the belly pan behind the fuel tank, however:1) can anyone show a picture of it located in its correct mounting position, and 2) can anybody advise me of the correct parts required to reinstate this bracket, including any associated screws/ brackets etc.

I should point out that my car has a pump strapped in an incorrect position on the front suspension cross member, and I want to put it right.

Best,

Adam

71 pump should be mounted on l/r torsion bar housing. See if there is a mount there.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    71 pump should be mounted on l/r torsion bar housing. See if there is a mount there.
    Ed is correct. It also doubles as the LR Sway bar bracket.

Regards

Jim

The pump bracket is no longer available from Porsche. There are some repro brackets available but I have no idea of the quality. Ebay Germany was the last place I saw them fi
    or sale. Alternatively advertise on here.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Thanks Ed,

I’m a little confused, what is l/r referring to, and am I right to assume for the 71 model year, the pump should be mounted at the rear, not front?

Best regards,

Adam

Yes, left rear torsion bar housing
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

911_70-73_Fig2-01-05_FuelSystemLines_Update573_Illustration
    Name:  911_70-73_Fig2-01-05_FuelSystemLines_Update573_Illustration.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  71.9 KB

Here are two pics - one of the '71+ mount on the l/r torsion bar housing and the other is the '71+ fuel pump bracket.
    I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into the conversation. I have written in some notes that some VERY early MY 1971 cars have some 1970 carryovers including the fuel pump mounted behind the gas tank. So, if OP has a very early 1971 VIN there is potential the fuel pump is still up front.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

No monkey wrench necessary Nick,,,,we all know how Porsche used up parts at the end of a model year.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Nick is correct. My ‘71T, made in October, 1970, has the fuel pump up front. Unfortunately, I don’t have the original bracket.

Dho.
    dho
    Central Florida
    Member # 1968