Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Recaro sport seats. Never restored. Very nice condition with console.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    ...To know everything is impossible but if you present yourself as a component expert on an item like Recaro then a bit more helpfulness would be appropriate....
    Is recarno the same user as recaro? We seem to have experts that rely heavily on the forum but don't give back.

Recarno: how about starting a thread that details all the differences you say are all over the forum. Perhaps it's just a few links that are seen as helpful versus overlording with an air of authority but nothing concrete?

Maybe it's a language/cultural thing that creates these responses to your posts, I don't know.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Well, all I know is I bought these seats! I love preservation class cars, and I may need these in the future

@ richard: in my opinion a good decision to buy john's seats - thumbs up!

@beh911: I had my nickname changed by chuck to avoid any problems with naming rights.

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    @beh911: I had my nickname changed by chuck to avoid any problems with naming rights.
    Thanks! (Ha! They are dangerous as they already have me looking at a 70E which I wouldn’t have considered due to poor normal seats! Tail wags the dog?)

I need to track down the plugs though they would have used in 69 on the headrests holes. Or maybe headrests depending on my direction.

@ vintage excellen: wow - what a huge contribution! I haven't read everything, but I understand that you restore commercial cars and like to take the time to write about your work. that's a big difference to me, I'm a private collector - I have a completely different job and can't spend as much time here in this interesting forum as I might want. I have to run everything on a translator, I don't know if it always translates as I would like it to :-) but I always write extra that it is "my opinion" and that I don't want to "get too close" hope that comes across too ;-)
    I generally like to help, and surely many can confirm here that I (mostly via pm) passed on my knowledge. However, if questions are asked that have already been discussed here in the forum, the questioner would like to make it comfortable and does not make an effort to search, but asks me to provide "evidence pictures", then I do not see the time for it. sorry. there is a good search function and repetition is also boring for the other members, please understand. that here at the request of a user I should make and set difference images swb vs lwb perforation, as I said, they already exist here.
    you can also see it nicely, if I then insert pictures (see the comparison afterwards above), then some of them are not right and even Photoshop etc is suspected, although it is clearly visible on the pictures that they are real pictures - if you don't see that, you don't have to worry about different perforations :-)and finally: sorry, but what is not possible here is the request to open a thread and to list all differences, knowledge etc etc meticulously and to provide pictures. everyone writes what and how much they want - that's how it is in the forum and that's a good thing. In my experience, those who reveal nothing themselves or simply soak up such forum information without thanks always ask. if people like beh 911 (sorry who are you - do we know each other ??) accuse me here i would rely on the forum and not give anything back, then i have to tell you, it is exactly those people who are to blame afterwards if people with expertise no longer have anything write! I have taken nothing here as if I don't actually have to give anything, but still like to help (see above). I don't know anything about anything except sitting and there is only a limited number of sports and bucket seats from the years 65-73. A narrow field, but just my collection area. otherwise I've been a Porsche driver for around 40 years. But you will hardly find any contributions from me that are related to other Porsche topics, there is a lot of great expertise here (although not interesting for me). on the occasion: I haven't been writing so much here for a long time. If, for example, like last year I saw two lwb seats offered as swb and the seller wrote on my note: it would be well known that 68 lwb seats could be made into new seats by swb. haha. but then I hold back and sorry this is increasing. However, if you are looking for advice or want to know what to sit, you can always write to me by pm, there will be no one in the past few years who has not received any information from me. so, mr. vintage excellenc now I've written a lot. by the way, it is a shame that there are no smilies in this forum, the matter would loosen up considerably and translator problems "correct" ;-)

richard, i don't understand your last contribution, for example. does the translator make something of it with a dog and a plug? if you want to contact me, send me an email, you have my addy. greeting

finally: sorry john, for off topic to your sales thread.....
    I'm done here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    finally: sorry john, for off topic to your sales thread.....
    I'm done here :-)
    Hi Recarno, no worry...It's always interesting to share opinions and feelings.
    All Porsche subjects are welcome on the Registry.
    Have a great day.
    Best to All
    John

Quote Originally Posted by 911 SWTARGA View Post
    Hi Recarno, no worry...It's always interesting to share opinions and feelings.
    All Porsche subjects are welcome on the Registry.
    Have a great day.
    Best to All
    John
    Recarno knows his Seats and seat rails!
    He has helped me out in the past.
    Last edited by rower; 02-21-2020 at 05:56 AM.