Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recaro sport seats. Never restored. Very nice condition with console.

PCC is affiliated with BHCC. The cars that are too rusty to sell get parted out. No surprise his stuff looks like it does.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

I have to agree with the previous speakers. The houndstooth seats cannot be compared with the ones offered here. since the seats are sold, you can talk about it openly: both the houndstooth inlay and the perforated letherette do not match the original. the seams of the middle panel (typical saddler's beginner's fault) are also irrelevant for the seats, the overall condition is apparently bad and the driver's seat certainly requires welding work on the frame. So two seats that can still be restored (with effort), while the basketwave seats are completely original and in apparently good condition. a difference like day and night. my opinion ... regards

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Nice indeed, just reverse the seat belt receivers and you have a winner red lever should be on the bottom for easy access to unbuckle. Free bump

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    Nice indeed, just reverse the seat belt receivers and you have a winner red lever should be on the bottom for easy access to unbuckle. Free bump

Cees
    Cees, I'll do that !!!

Quote Originally Posted by recaro View Post
    I have to agree with the previous speakers. The houndstooth seats cannot be compared with the ones offered here. since the seats are sold, you can talk about it openly: both the houndstooth inlay and the perforated letherette do not match the original. the seams of the middle panel (typical saddler's beginner's fault) are also irrelevant for the seats, the overall condition is apparently bad and the driver's seat certainly requires welding work on the frame. So two seats that can still be restored (with effort), while the basketwave seats are completely original and in apparently good condition. a difference like day and night. my opinion ... regards
    Thanks Recaro...

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Hope I did not made the impresision I buy them...wish I had the car for those. Glws.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    Hope I did not made the impresision I buy them...wish I had the car for those. Glws.

Cees
    Be quiet Cees, l well understand !!!!

Week-end bump!!!!!

Wow praise from user “Recarno” is an unusual sight. I too give my blessing as theses look great. In regards to earlier question the double locker is really a 73 thing, not found in 72 and mostly in later 73, nothing is finite with these cars. The covering on this set is appropriate for 69-71 cars in a perfect perforation pattern that the main Porsches upholstery shops don’t do these days. They have a great original look for one one those year survivor cars.

Yes when I did my recovers on sport seats back in 2004, the perforation hole never looked as good as factory no matter what shop was doing recovers.So I just went with solid bolsters even though my car would have had perforation holes on original seats. The perforation material available just looked too fake for me. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue