Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recaro sport seats. Never restored. Very nice condition with console.

to be precise: double locker were launched worldwide on october 16th in 1972.

greetings

"The cover of this set is suitable for 69-71 cars in a perfect perforation pattern that the most important upholstery shops of Porsches no longer have today."

what do you think of these pictures? :-))

greetings

swb-perf2.jpgswb-perf1.jpg
    Last edited by recarno; 02-17-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    to be precise: double locker were launched worldwide on october 16th in 1972.

greetings
    So wouldn’t that be 1973 model year cars then?

Pending .......

"The cover of this set is suitable for 69-71 cars in a perfect perforation pattern that the most important upholstery shops of Porsches no longer have today."

what do you think of these pictures? :-))

greetings

swb-perf2.jpgswb-perf1.jpg
    What's the point of the picture? Funny glare, torn seat, but the pattern looks correct. Right?

Wait, is that the same seat but it's been photoshopped to remove the big tear?

hi richard, the second picture below shows the starting point one of my seats: swb recaro sports seat from 1967 with the original completely synthetic leather / basketwave cover. lower half of the seat. the letherette of seat backrest was completely over. For demonstration purposes, the heavily damaged one side of the perforated synthetic leather was replaced with a new one. and only this part. please compare the quality on the first pic : left (original 1967) right 2018. posted the pictures because here the opinion was mentioned that it is not possible to reproduce the perforation. please note: the swb perforation is different from the lwb perforation (which can also be reproduced). the pictures were taken in 2018. the seat has since been completely restored.

regards

hi richard, the second picture below shows the starting point one of my seats: swb recaro sports seat from 1967 with the original completely synthetic leather / basketwave cover. lower half of the seat. the letherette of seat backrest was completely over. For demonstration purposes, the heavily damaged one side of the perforated synthetic leather was replaced with a new one. and only this part. please compare the quality on the first pic : left (original 1967) right 2018. posted the pictures because here the opinion was mentioned that it is not possible to reproduce the perforation. please note: the swb perforation is different from the lwb perforation (which can also be reproduced). the pictures were taken in 2018. the seat has since been completely restored.

regards
    How is the SWB vs LWB perforations different? Actually in USA the big 2 upholstery shops will tell you they can only perforate one way, in a diamond. I have been working on a proper perforation for headliner (small spacing) and sports seats (large spacing), took a while but the first interior is being done now. Where there is a will there is a way just don’t listen to all you hear.

@ vintage excellen: do you want to show the result of your work (perforation on sitting)? and you worked on the topic and you don't know the difference between the perfo swb and lwb? that has been documented here and there in the forum. search function helps ;-) think that this is well known to everyone. that there is a way shows the result on my seat above - I think everyone who looks closely also sees that it is not a photoshop - haha.

greetings

@ vintage excellen: do you want to show the result of your work (perforation on sitting)? and you worked on the topic and you don't know the difference between the perfo swb and lwb? that has been documented here and there in the forum. search function helps ;-) think that this is well known to everyone. that there is a way shows the result on my seat above - I think everyone who looks closely also sees that it is not a photoshop - haha.

greetings
    I found a proper embossing for the LWB seats based on original material I have from a LWB car. Doing a run of leather now in this wide hexagonal pattern. I’m not doing SWB seats at this time. Not ready to present anything on my project yet as it is still in the works, unfinished, but I will say it is a wide hexagonal pattern. Unfortunately I do not have genuine 67S covers so I am not an absolute expert on that seat covering so I am just asking a simple question. You are the one who sits on a mighty high sport seat throne when it comes to these seats and dictates all that is incorrect but give little or cryptic helpful info. I do not doubt your knowledge but I question your presentation methods. A simple question could be answered or pictures could be posted to clearly explain the differences if you have these items in your possession. Yes many people dislike this forum now because all the know it all & who’s who comments. When I am sitting in my shop loaded with rare parts and a question comes up I do sometimes at least try to post comparison or identifier pictures and an easy explanation to educate in the thread. Or we could just keep all this knowledge to ourselves and die with it. Remember I build complete cars so the complex details I must know cover the entire car over many years, model ranges, thousands of parts. To know everything is impossible but if you present yourself as a component expert on an item like Recaro then a bit more helpfulness would be appropriate. Can you tell us why does the basketweave go vertical on standard seats but horizontal on sports seats? Then vertical on door panels but horizontal on dash inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    I found a proper embossing for the LWB seats based on original material I have from a LWB car. Doing a run of leather now in this wide hexagonal pattern. I’m not doing SWB seats at this time. Not ready to present anything on my project yet as it is still in the works, unfinished, but I will say it is a wide hexagonal pattern. Unfortunately I do not have genuine 67S covers so I am not an absolute expert on that seat covering so I am just asking a simple question. You are the one who sits on a mighty high sport seat throne when it comes to these seats and dictates all that is incorrect but give little or cryptic helpful info. I do not doubt your knowledge but I question your presentation methods. A simple question could be answered or pictures could be posted to clearly explain the differences if you have these items in your possession. Yes many people dislike this forum now because all the know it all & who’s who comments. When I am sitting in my shop loaded with rare parts and a question comes up I do sometimes at least try to post comparison or identifier pictures and an easy explanation to educate in the thread. Or we could just keep all this knowledge to ourselves and die with it. Remember I build complete cars so the complex details I must know cover the entire car over many years, model ranges, thousands of parts. To know everything is impossible but if you present yourself as a component expert on an item like Recaro then a bit more helpfulness would be appropriate. Can you tell us why does the basketweave go vertical on standard seats but horizontal on sports seats? Then vertical on door panels but horizontal on dash inserts.
    +1, ****Lol!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!