Thread: Two Pirelli P6000 tires. 185/70 or 195/65 15

Two Pirelli P6000 tires. 185/70 or 195/65 15

Need 'em to match a pair of 215/60 rears on a set of 7 & 8 X 15s.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Hey Bill,

After not stocking them for a while Tire Rack shows them in stock again. 185/70 and 195/65 now N3s, and now $300+ each. Stoddard also has the 195/65 @ 300+ each.
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Thanks, I've generally seen 'no stock' on listings. But I'd prefer used because it seems to me like that price is based on the fact it's the only performance tire with proper fit for 15 X 7 & 8, and all the off-brand alternatives are <$100...
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    Thanks, I've generally seen 'no stock' on listings. But I'd prefer used because it seems to me like that price is based on the fact it's the only performance tire with proper fit for 15 X 7 & 8, and all the off-brand alternatives are <$100...
    Understood. I'm pretty satisfied with the fit of 195/65 on 7s all around, and with the performance except when the temperatures drop below 50°F.

70T_profile_warrington.jpg
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Looking good!
    techweenie.com

I have 2 185s that have been mounted but only rolled around the shop. 16 or 17 date code I think. Not going to make it to the lit meet but maybe you could find someone going from Phoenix to haul them out for you.

PM sent!

techweenie.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    Agreed. I'm at a point where I need to replace my tires, and the cost seems to be just based on low availability, and significantly higher than what I expected.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Agreed. I'm at a point where I need to replace my tires, and the cost seems to be just based on low availability, and significantly higher than what I expected.

Scott
    My feelings exactly.
    techweenie.com