Thread: Price/detail inquiry: Recaro seats

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

Price/detail inquiry: Recaro seats

Greetings,

I know the title will wake up the experts .
    I have 2 questions : 1) how do I know if those are Recaro 2) what would be their estimated price ?
    Both are in very good condition and with sliders etc...
    Name:  AzmyRm7PSX66EBJPVT3qRA.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  108.9 KBName:  iSHAQifdRRaUxAUicRhRrA.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  122.6 KB
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

hi, yes they are recaros (it says yes :-)) the model is called recaro ideal s. this seat model was built from 1969 to about 1973. Yours are probably quite late. were only available in accessories - so no porsche part and never available through porsche. too massive for the 911 in my opinion. greeting

Great seats.
    Porsche went with these recaro in the early G series (massive apparently) very comfortable but heavy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S Registry#2021

mrar: I also think a layperson sees that this is a different seat model :-))

Both these seats are very similar just updated for safety reasons, you actually sit in them not on top of them.
    S Registry#2021

I sold not that good ones for 2.5k€ the pair a couple of years ago (but the corduroy was still original). Today I would think about keeping them if somebody offered me 3.5k.
    So I'd say around or north of 3.5k€

Have them. IMO (blasphemy!) much more confortable than the std early sport seats. Agree with UAI price wise.

Thank you for all your feedback, very valuable as usual, you guys rock !
    I agree, those are very comfy, but they are also heavy, massive and not period correct, So I might replace them with my "Scheel 300" (once I get to my garage and sort the console/sliders out )

I 'll place an ad on those one though.

Cheers
    X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

hi xavier, if you have a scheel 300, a conversion is definitely a good idea. the lightweight shells better match the character of your interior (see door panels). from the year of construction, however, not quite right, since the car is a swb car (1968?) and the scheel 300 was only introduced a little later. but as I said: better fitting than your 72/73 ideal s bigs always. by the way, you can keep the console. let's see a picture please when rebuilt. greeting

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    hi xavier, if you have a scheel 300, a conversion is definitely a good idea. the lightweight shells better match the character of your interior (see door panels). from the year of construction, however, not quite right, since the car is a swb car (1968?) and the scheel 300 was only introduced a little later. but as I said: better fitting than your 72/73 ideal s bigs always. by the way, you can keep the console. let's see a picture please when rebuilt. greeting
    You speak the truth. I will make the fixing by myself, so should be in soon :-) Will post for sure.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407