Quote Originally Posted by niall1 View Post
@HughH
A small history correction regarding the 'Reventlow R' chassis #20.
Attachment 595479

Lance's half brother Richard (who previously owned my car (lance's 911E) and built it to ST spec with the help of the factory, as his personal hot rod for the road not racing) had ordered an R through Hahn Porsche in Stuttgart but cancelled when he realised how difficult it was going to be to get it into the States. As Vasek Polak was a dealer in race cars it makes sense that they picked up the cancelled order as it was already destined for the States and you had to be a dealer to get the race cars through USA regulations, etc. He told me that the confirmation papers for the order were with the paperwork for my car that has since disappeared:
https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...perwork-appeal

I had sent him a picture from a book detailing the 'Reventlow R' yesterday
Attachment 595485

And he shot me back a photo of some RIA work boxes he has in the workshop at home.
Attachment 595486

Dick Troutman gave them to him as they were laying around the workshop when he finished our car in 1973. The #3 box in the magazine photo Richard gave to a friend in 1984.

Edit:
he also told me the story of how he came to order the R. In his words:
I was permitted to test drive this 911R as I had an interest in rallying with a friend in Munich. Ordered the 911R but cancelled. Got ideas for Mozart from the R and 2,7 RS. Just recently saw a model of the very same 911R on eBay. When I saw the model I vaguely remembered the license plate. Once I checked my scrapbook the numbers were the same.
Attachment 595487
That 911R was a very cranky one to drive on the street. Back in 1970 when I drove the R it was very fast. The factory driver assured me the car was rough below 2500 revs. He drove like a racer, of course. He drove it on the way out and I drove it back to the factory. This was my introduction to the R exhaust which I liked. Thus an example went on to Mozart.
Just a little bump on this thread to see if we can find the paperwork from Porsche for this 911 R as well as the 'ST' accessories for my car..