Thread: 4.5 fuch

4.5 fuch

Hello ,

New to the forum , but been into the P cars for decades.

I have a question about 4.5 Fuch wheels . What does this number represent / stand for ? :

As much detail as possible . Any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If I were to guess,,

A casting number (internal to Fuchs).
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Well , I was hoping that someone might be able to supply some definative information. Alas , most things I end up researching are very uncommon .......and few left alive know much.

My take :

25202.2 must be earlier than 25202.3.............but what is VERY interesting also......... is the 901.361.012.01b vs. 901.361.012.01

This wheel is one of a set , of which , the other three seem to be some of the earliest 4.5 Fuch's (no casting numbers) that I have ever seen. Not just no casting numbers , but other features which indicate ULTRA early.

But before I get into those. I'd like to concentrate on this version first . The 25202.2 / 901.361.012.01b version. From what I have seen , IMHO , of the known 'experts' in this arena . There does not really seem to be any experts in the very first stampings .

Have you considered asking the Fuchs Co.? They still exist.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I am posting some photos of the other 3 wheels which are with this set . I believe these could be some of the earliest examples. The other 3 which are with this .01b wheel , have no casting numbers as stated. And have grinding marks on backside of wheels (which are actually from the stamp 'shoe'???.....is this the term? .... of the forging machinery?, tranfered into the wheel metal. Im guessing that later , this was piece was refined / finished much smoother .........making the inside of later forged wheels smoother also).

Here are some of what seem to be the most extreme wheel of the 4 (earliest ?)

There are other , seemingly early features I will show after this . Like the finishing of inside lip , and other forging anolomies.

I was hoping these last photos might bring a comment. So no one has seen anything like this .

What are any of the earliest surviving MY 67 911S cars (with known orig. to car wheels) . If anyone has one , can you examine the inside of the wheel and post a photo.

I'll try this again , has anyone seen . any 4.5's with the grinding marks (which as I stated prior , I believe was actually on the tooling).

So , who on this forum is the expert on 1967 911S production . Does anyone have access any of the earliest examples , or any pre-production examples with their original wheels.... that could be examined .

I will post some other things which are seemingly differant than norm. Don't have my photos with me.

Tour,

I would ask Harvey Weidman at 'Weidman Wheels':

530-534-7903
    weidmanwheel@global.net
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter