Thread: 1972 seats into a 1967?

1972 seats into a 1967?

Good morning, and I hope that everybody’s weekend is off to a good start.

I did search before asking, and I believe the answer is yes, but will non-sport seats from a 1973 bolt right up to a 1967?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
    Last edited by Tdskip; 12-18-2023 at 04:00 AM.

I think the rails are a different size?
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

The short answer is no. That said, there are hundreds of SWB cars with LWB seats in them. I've seen dozens of adaptations but have yet to see one that works as it should.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 12-17-2023 at 01:04 AM.

hello tdskip, why use 1973 if 1967 would be correct? can offer you a 1967 sports seat - completely restored and ready to install. Upon request also with the correct rails and 1967 bracket. Of course not cheap as it is an absolute rarity. regards uwe

edit: just read it again, sorry the translator didn't take into account that you were NOT looking for sports seats...
    Last edited by recarno; 12-17-2023 at 04:00 AM.

Thank you for all of the responses and information

I have a set of 67 seats and rails I just pulled out of my 67 911 last week that are in excellent shape and need a new home. I put in some new Scheelman seats in my car and won't be keeping the stock seats. I'm in CA
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1967 911
    2023 GT4RS

Thank you for the response and letting me know they are available.

I actually have a pair of 1967 seats but also have nicer later ones, hence the question.

Thanks!