Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1970 911S Rear Wiper (15") refill?

Good catch Jim,,,,as usual!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Peter,

Thank you for the welcome - Here is a quick view.

Marc
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Marc
    Early 911S Registry #4145
    1970 911S Coupe Sepia Brown
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . '70 Sepia --- w/ a silver rear wiper?

Sounds familiar . . .

. . . same car?

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post496653

Yes, that's the same car! good darn catch.
    Marc
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Have you tried auto parts stores?
    Ed,

First, glad to meet you, have heard your name a ton.
    Yes, all the 15" blade refills are to narrow - I dod order a refill for an early VW Bug - 15" so hope that works. Although I am seeing that maybe an earlier 911 wiper based on thread responses.

Marc
    Marc
    Houston, TX

So you guys think this is an "add on"? Shows as equipped with rear wiper? Trying to keep her an original as I possibly can. Sorry I have been a good contributor - Im here now, have owned her for a number of years - life issues - I'm back baby! Marc
    Marc
    Houston, TX

Not an early add on,,,,it does go thru a hole in the lid. Looks legit. Still can't explain the silver, usual Porsche messin with us.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed,

HA, It looks like this is a little confusing for the US car in 1970. Thats why I'm tryin to keep it and find a refill that fits! The issue is the width of the base - close to 8.5mm - all the refills are 6mm that I have found so far. Dont want to have to crimp the blade at all.

Car also has a nudge bar from the factory it seems - used 356 grommets to replace the cracked rubber.

where is the appropriate place to start a preservation thread to document the small things I am adjusting on this beauty? Thanks again for the help!

Marc
    Marc
    Houston, TX

R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Your Story

Quote Originally Posted by bigcity911s View Post
    . . . where is the appropriate place to start a preservation thread to document the small things I am adjusting on this beauty? . . .
    'Morning, Marc

When I first came to this board, I think I must've spent maybe a year-or-so just bouncing around, reading, making occasional comments . . . 'staying out of the way,' mostly. If you know what I mean

But then I found my car . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post397896
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post415199

. . . and just started posting . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...Ten-Fifty-nine

I may not 've known much about 911s, when I first got here --- but whatever I've learned or wanted to know since? . . . I've learned from The Story of my car

Personally? --- I think the 'stories' that people share about their car . . . why, what, where, when, even how much . . . are the best thing about this site

(Plus? --- keeping all of your experiences and comments on one thread saves dorks like me from having to hunt all over creation to get 'Your Story')

Anyway, as long as you're asking --- if I were you? . . . start a thread under 'General Info' . . .

. . . then just write

Not exactly a diary, maybe --- but share some of the happenings and your thoughts. Doesn't have to be anything super special --- flat tire, insurance bills, your search for a wiper blade, whatever. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here. And I think you'll find your posts will bring some of that out

Whatever --- just write, see what happens

And don't forget to take + share some pictures . . .

. . . especially bad ones!

Take care --- and looking forward to reading more from you

Last edited by LongRanger; 12-22-2023 at 06:52 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Ed,

It is am SWF blade and rubber - I can't make out the number on the actual rubber or that would make it much easier - base is flat and about 8mm or so wide. I think I found a 8mm base on eBay - will let everyone know - worst case will be the 356 silver switch...

appreciate the help.

Marc
    Marc
    Houston, TX