Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are These Authentic Sports Seats in a 1972 911T?

The month of production of the car would be interesting. If this is before October 1972 then the discussion here is unnecessary anyway because then at least the brackets are undisputedly “too new”. A better photo of the headrests would also clarify whether the saddler did a good job in that area.

If you have the choice between the complete set of sports seats and the spring core seats, then you should (as 911E fan already wrote) take the sports seats for monetary reasons.

regards uwe

The offered comforts are not correct for 72. grain, houndstooth and hings,.....

Well, if those comfort seats are also not correct for a 1972 911 T, might as well keep the sport seats. The car's production date was certainly before October 1972. The bill of sale is dated Dec. 31, 1971. As long as the seats are authentic, I'd be OK with them, I think.

Here are some more photos of the sports seats currently in the car. What's wrong with the shape of the head rests? Did the upholsterer make them too oval?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

the headrests are to flat. check with the original ones I´ve offered some years ago.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ght=sportseats

hi swish, thanks for the new pictures. All good with the headrests - just looked weird on my phone and the new photos show it better.

car built before October 1972 - ok, then everyone here is of the same opinion: your car is earlier than the sports seats. I would still take the sports seats if the price was the same. The value with brackets is about 3-4 times higher than the spring core seats.
    regards uwe

Edit to Dirk's message: yes, of course, they're just newly made. but they are the original peanut.
    Evaluating the complete saddlery work would be something else, but that wasn't the point.

Agree with Dirk they don’t seem to have the subtle curve I’d expect on so called peanut . Detail but did catch my eye particularly one on left is the image seems pretty straight across top.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 01-02-2024 at 09:26 AM.

Pics of peanuts on sports seats I have in a 73 that did not come with sports seats, sports seats are a must. have in my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 72targa; 01-04-2024 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Photo rotation
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

@Swish, I dont personally know how you can look at yourself in the mirror owning those seats. Send them to me and I'll relieve you of the stress you are saddled with. I'll find something to do with them (like put them in my '70 which is currently wearing broken down comfort seats). Just trying to help out

I have a set of original '72 vinyl Recaro comfort seats with peanut head rests that are in great shape. Happy to swap those with you!