Thread: Free: assorted leftover parts (shifter, wheels, axles, etc.)

Free: assorted leftover parts (shifter, wheels, axles, etc.)

hey folks, rather than put a bunch of spare parts into the classifieds, I thought I'd try something different for the holidays: these parts are free for pickup in Northern CA (South of SF) to the first person who claims them in the thread (don't PM about them and "claim" you were first), but there's one twist:

rather than pay me anything, consider making a donation in an amount you think is reasonable to a cause such as supporting Pancreatic Cancer Research at pancan.org (the cause NickP's family wanted to support). I'm not going to police anything with this, so just do what you think is reasonable (and please only take the stuff if you intend to use it; if you don't need all of it, pay it forward and give the remaining parts to someone else in our community).

here's what I have right now:
    - 911 shifter assembly (from my 1970 car; I'm guessing it's the Weltmeister short shift kit based on the bottom plate)
    - 2 108mm 4-bolt axles (dirty because the holes in the cover plates allow some grease out, but weren't making noise and the boots are intact)
    - 2 Maxilite "7R" (15x7") wheels (unboxed and 1 was test fit onto the car without a tire; never actually used; small bit of paint flaking around one lug bolt recess)
    - International Mercantile pop-out quarter window outer seals (installed for test fit)
    - lightweight aluminum pedal board: was installed in my car when I got it; very light and looks to be well made
    - engine mount crossmember/support: I assume this is a factory part and doesn't appear to have any bends, cracks, etc.

if you want it, I also have a LWB T bumper (needs some metal work) hanging on the wall in my garage :-)

the wheels alone cost something like $800, so I hope this package of stuff can help someone make progress on their car and also support a cause that will do some good in the world.

happy holidays and happy new year, everyone!

axles.jpeg
    image0(2).jpeg
    IMG_1174 Large.jpg
    Member #3857
    '70 911 2.7

Hello
    I am interested in the parts if still available.
    I have a very personal cause I can donate to.
    Thank you

the parts are yours! I sent you a note.

happy new year!
    Member #3857
    '70 911 2.7

A VERY COOL idea!!!! Not only a contribution to the charity, but tax deductible as well!

Good luck with it. I hope a worthy charity benefits from your creative thinking.

Great action - thank you very much for that!

regards uwe

@Lz7w, this was an honorable and impressive endeavour.