Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are These Authentic Sports Seats in a 1972 911T?

Are These Authentic Sports Seats in a 1972 911T?

Looking at a 1972 911T to buy, and there are these sports seats in the car already (see photos below). I know they didn't come with the car originally, but I wonder if they are aftermarket or authentic, and if authentic, are they "correct" for the car?

I'm OK if they've been reupholstered. I'm just not crazy about the idea of having aftermarket seats in the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Name:  Seat1a.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  137.6 KBName:  Seat1b.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  196.5 KBName:  Seat2.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  178.8 KB

member #1515
    real sport seats for a 73.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Thanks! What is the "tell" that they're for a '73 and not a '72?

No expert, might be they are ‘double locker’ both sides of the seat opposed to a single lock at the lever.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Don't lose sleep over the fact they're double locker. It adds almost no weight and they're safer. Great seats.
    72S, 72T now ST

They look original to me also with later period upholstery. Very nice. I also like the leather wrapped steering wheel. Looks like the previous owner had taste and knowledge.

Thanks, all. They're in this car. Seriously considering. PPI had a couple of things, but relatively minor.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks nice. Great color. Is it a stock T with some S options?
    72S, 72T now ST

They are double locker and have the hole/wire support for the seatbelt light in the base, which I believed makes them a ‘73 MY. I think double locker for sport seats started Oct 72. These look totally legit, and by themselves are probably worth $8K to $10K. These are sought after seats and you should be very happy to have them in a ‘72!

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Looks nice. Great color. Is it a stock T with some S options?
    This is a 911T in Gemini Blue, and not sure about the S options. What do you see that would make you think that?

The options that originally came with the car included the comfort package, tinted glass, electric sunroof, and 6Jx15 light metal wheels.