Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Euro 1971 911S

Quote Originally Posted by retroel View Post
    . . . Can't be too many in this colour with a rear wiper, and a 2.4 in it would explain the special engine . . .
    Hm. I can think of another one --- a '71 S with a 'special (2.4) engine' . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...siffert%2C+911
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...-to-Jo-Siffert
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...hlight=siffert

Quote Originally Posted by retroel View Post
    . . . Is there any way of tracing a vin number down through the registration number? That would answer the question if it was S-Y 1811 or not. I'm sure that info would be readily available to some people . . .
    I would think the 'production number' (1010437 on the dash) would be all the Porsche Arkive would need to tell you anything you wanted to know
    Last edited by LongRanger; 02-07-2024 at 03:52 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Retroel,
    Any updates to share?
    Eric Gratz
    Early 911S member

Parts wanted - Elephant hide seats, 71 911E engine 6211756

Wow, a special car for sure.
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

We were able to establish that the paint was Metallic Tangerine; a one-off example? No information on the engine was available.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Nothing much for news on this 71S. One thing I found interesting though, I took the right rear wheel off to fix a leak, and it appears to have had a 72 oil tank in it(now blocked off) No idea if that would've been done at the factory or afterwards, and why it was turned into a regular oil tank after that but I'm sure some careful paint stripping might reveal some truth.

Another member on here has expressed interest in the car and since I was looking for a shell to do a conda green ST build with I have decided it's best to pass it on. This car deserves to be returned to it's metallic tangerine colour and original configuration. I'm sure more info and factory photos will surface in the future as well, it's a very unique car! Search will continue for a coupe to do a build on and hopefully one day this car will be driving in it's original glory.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Very cool find. Another clue to the cars in the period photos is the presence of an electric right mounted antenna on the S-Y 1811 car and no electric antenna on the car with LEO ZA plates.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Your post is very welcome Brian, it’s been a while I think. Yes, cool find.