Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog-leg Windshield Decals

I have been asked for advice re the installation of the two types of decals. Instructions are provided re the installation of water-slide decal (soaking it for a few seconds in warm water, putting it in the desired location, smoothing out any water/air bubbles, gently wiping the excess water off with a damp cloth, and letting the decal dry in place for 10 hours). The vinyl sticker has an adhesive backing, which only requires removing the paper backing and smoothing it into place. Both decals are installed on the inside of the car on the driver’s side. The photograph that accompanies my ad shows the location of the decal on driver’s side windshield.

To make the placement process a lot easier, I suggest the following: take the decal as you receive it (i.e., before you have done anything with it) or a paper square cut to the size of the decal or a photocopy of the decal cut down to size and put it on the outside of the windshield. Move the decal/paper square around until you have located exactly where you would like it to go. I then use some blue tape to mark the bottom and at least one side of the square. I use that to guide the installation of the decal.

Peter

My dog-leg windshield decals were a big hit at the LA Lit Meet. I sold all of the vinyl decals. I may have more made if there is a demand for same. I still have several water-slide decals left. $15 shipped w/in the USA. $18 for the rest of the world. I can be reached directly at prs356@comcast.net

Due to popular demand, I will be doing another limited run of the vinyl decals. If you would like one please let me know and I will put you on the list. I can be contacted directly at prs356@comcast.net Thanks.

I now have back in stock the vinyl version of the 901 shift pattern decal. I just sent emails to everyone who was on the waiting list. If you are interested in getting the vinyl version of the 901 shift pattern decal, please feel free to contact me directly at prs356@comcast.net I also have in stock the water-slide version.

I want to put one of these in my friend's 915. He has a balsa shifter without the pattern. Just to confuse him...

Hey Peter, Just PP you for (4). Thx!
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Hi Steve. They are on their way. Thanks. Peter

I'll take one Peter for my 66 911
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Hi John --

PM sent. Thanks.

Peter

For anyone else interested in getting either the vinyl or waterslide version of the 901 dog-leg windshield decal, please feel free to contact me directly: prs356@comcast.net Th cost for each is $15 shipped.

Got it! Great envelope and note! Thanks again!
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914