Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Swap Meet during LA Lit weekend has been cancelled

Sunday Swap Meet during LA Lit weekend has been cancelled

I hope those who attended had a good show.
    Last edited by Soterik; 03-08-2024 at 05:07 PM.

Unfortunately even more rain coming to CA (NorCal and SoCal) this weekend into the early weekdays. Looks like rain may be cleared in SoCal for the open houses (fingers crossed).
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)

Thanks Eric,

It's now on the 356 Club site as well:

Swap Meet 2024 – Canceled!
    Boys Republic 2024 Swap Meet has been canceled due to poor field conditions at the venue and expected inclement weather. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Looks like we'll have VERY busy Lit Fair !!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

RE: LA Lit Table Spots:

I had about 3 spots open as of last night, none in the main hall when I sent the maps to the printer. So we are definitely back to pre-Covid vendor levels.

That said, I'll get with the hotel and reconfigure the Pacific room (to the right) to hold another 13 tables. Maybe 15. I am suspending the "no rusty dirty crap" rule --LOL, who doesn't like old stuff?

The forms are on the website lalitandtoyshow.com and you can email them to lalit@stoddard.com or me pschroeder@stoddard.com and then Jessica will call and ask for a CC to secure the table.

Of course, I can't go back in time and re print the maps or the name badges, but if you've got a wristband and I point you to an empty table...who cares?

See you all in a week or so.

ps: besides drinking by the ocean, what else is going on for Sunday?
    Last edited by Per Schroeder; 02-14-2024 at 09:26 AM.
    Per Schroeder

They need to find a new venue like a stadium parking lot or fairgrounds with lots of asphalt

Quote Originally Posted by rs-vic View Post
    They need to find a new venue like a stadium parking lot or fairgrounds with lots of asphalt
    Many years ago (in the late 1990’s) El Niño caused heavy rain as well and the Dunkels were able to host the swap meet indoors after moving a lot of equipment. I hope for those attending such an opportunity comes up again because the swap meet is the twin of the lit meet imho.
    Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Someone please open up their big parking lot somewhere here in LA area and we can still set this up for Lit Show Sunday. Hard to believe we are only relying on this planner for a 'one time a year swap meet' special to Porsche...

Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Quote Originally Posted by Varooom View Post
    Someone please open up their big parking lot somewhere here in LA area and we can still set this up for Lit Show Sunday. Hard to believe we are only relying on this planner for a 'one time a year swap meet' special to Porsche...

Hear Hear, the outdoor swap portion is the highlight of the weekend for some of us, especially those of us trying to clear out our sheds and garages, we need the outdoor venue, there is only so much you can fit on a lit show table, and heavy body parts are a no go for indoors.

last years casualty

was it dark when this guy pulled in ??
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

recent situation
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan