Thread: SWB window winder original or not

SWB window winder original or not

Hi,
    is there any way in determining if those SWB window winders are original? With all the additional spare parts I have and after all those years I can't remember if these were taken out of my car or if I bought them as a reserve and they are replicas.
    Any helpName:  IMG_5581.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  203.4 KB will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards.
    StefanName:  IMG_5582.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  180.6 KB

Member#2944
    If your car is pre ‘68, they are the correct style. No idea if original or reproductions but the right look.
    Sorry Stefan. Just reread your post carefully. Guess you know they’re the correct style. Didn’t originals have numbers cast into them?
    Tony

'68 912 SWT White
    '74 911 Targa Lime Green
    '03 Boxster S
    ‘13 Cayenne GTS

Hi Tony,
    thanks for your reply. I believe that they are original and I took them out from my 1965 because one of the black plastic knobs has scratches (please see image).
    Another owner in Germany wanted to buy them and was asking the question of original or not; I don't want to say original when they are not. Little dilemma here.

Member#2944
    Stefen,
    I took a look at the ‘68 winders I have and there are no numbers cast into them. From the looks of the knobs, they sure look like originals.
    Tony
    Tony

'68 912 SWT White
    '74 911 Targa Lime Green
    '03 Boxster S
    ‘13 Cayenne GTS

Many thanks for your help, Tony.
    Much appreciated

I don’t think the reproductions have been around long enough to get that level of patina, those are pretty likely original

Agree, original. The knobs on the repros aren’t quite right.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Many thanks for the valuable inputs.
    Regards.
    Stefan