Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Recaro Rallye 1 and Sport Seats

Original Recaro Rallye 1 and Sport Seats

Hi All,

Spring is coming! If you are looking for a nice period correct 'patine' upgrade for your porsche this might be a good buy for you.

Back in the days most Porsches were equipped with the standard Recaro comfort seats. The Sport seat was a desirable upgrade. Rallye seats were even more rare and mostly used on the tracks. Although these seats were rare, the combination of the two was seen in various cars. Personally I think this set will do very well in any Porsche. The interior deserves as much attention as the outside of your car.

The Rallye seat is an original Recaro seat (type 13.28.00), the bucket is intact with no signs of cracks or repairs. The upholstery is 100% original and the corduroy is showing a nice patine grayish color. The black vinyl has one tear on the bottom side which is repaired with a bit of glue (see picture). It is not visible when mounted in the car and personally I don't think it is a big deal. The seat comes with the original recaro sliders and a peanut style headrest with original undamaged upholstery.

The Sport Seat is a very nicely preserved example. The seat is original Recaro and compared to the standard sport seats mounted originally in Porsches this one has a slightly wider bottom seat. Personally I like the wider seat cushion it is more comfortable. The black vinyl bolsters have small tears but no serious damage. The vinyl and corduroy are original. The corduroy has two tears. One is very small the other one is repaired many years ago. The bottom straps were disintegrated and therefore renewed. The rails are Recaro.

The knobs of both seats are also original and intact. PS if desired I also have D style headrests available if desired.

PS as most of us know these seats are original Recaro's made in the 70's. This set was not present in a Porsche when ordered from the factory. Only Recaro seats without the recaro batch in the backrest are possible porsche recaro seats.

This rare set is for sale for 7700 usd. Shipment is 250 usd per seat.

Feel free to comment on these seats or ask questions. Extra pictures are also available upon request.

Have a great day everybody. Greetings

AdriaanIMG_5636.jpgIMG_5639.jpgIMG_5640.jpgIMG_5643.jpgIMG_5637.jpgIMG_5638.jpgIMG_5641.jpgIMG_5651.jpgIMG_5649.jpgIMG_5677.jpg

The imperfections of the Rallye I Seat:

IMG_5646.jpgIMG_5648.jpg

I forgot this picture: Original Corduroy gorgeous don't you agree...

IMG_5668.jpg

Hi All,

I received various request how to mount these seats in a SWB or LWB car.

There are different options. First a fixed bar construction is possible. Those are available at no extra cost and make the seats plug and play. I recommend those for the rallye seat. If you have both fixed you are not able to enter the rear seat area.

IMG_5652.jpgIMG_5653.jpgIMG_5737.jpg

Another option is to use a tilting frame. I have two versions. First I have a new reproduction tilting frame with fake Recaro knob. I would use this frame for the Sport Seat. This frame is 200 usd extra.

IMG_5739.jpgIMG_5738.jpg

The other tilting option is a pair of 'scheel' old frames. The big advantage of those frames is the brackets for the seatbelts. You can mount your belt onto the bracket so there is no need to drill holes in your car or seat. The levers look kind of ugly to me so you might want to respray those

IMG_5740.jpgIMG_5741.jpgIMG_5742.jpgIMG_5743.jpg

When did Recaro change from the 'elephant foot' bucket to this style?

Hi,

The elephant foot bucket is the really rare early version of the rallye I seat. Also known as the 4 legged rallye seats. Those are 1967 period. See example, very rare and very expensive IMG_5411.jpgIMG_5414.jpg

The rallye seat for sale is a 1969 model seat (type 13.28). The ventilation holes makes it a 69 model seat. The peanutstyle headrest is later period so if desired a D shaped period correct headrest is also available.

Seats are also available separately…

Have a good weekend everybody
    Last edited by 911E fan; 03-10-2024 at 01:46 PM.

Rallye seat is Sold. The recaro sport seat is still available. Make me an offer.

Greetings

Adriaan

Hi everybody,

The recaro sport seat is still for sale! Have a great weekend