Thread: Past discussion board participant discussion

Past discussion board participant discussion

I do not know Eric though I have heard of him. Is it time to reach out as an organization and reconnect? His knowledge and experience would be invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    I last posted about 2 years ago, and here's a copy of that "last" post by me from another thread:

Management has determined that I'm a vendor they can do without.. and I'm not allowed to post my parts here. So, posting technically and generally is not something I'm willing to do without other access. I was here for literally decades and the last 10 years I was posting along with providing needed, previously unavailable parts, a hobby business. No good deed goes unpunished....

Good luck to all, I'll be posting on other forums and you can find me in my signature below.

Thanks,
    Eric

....yes....
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    ....yes....
    Yes, and yes.
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

+1
    I don’t understand this situation but my dealings with Eric have been very positive. No nonsense fair transactions. Don’t understand how some folks who post used parts for sale in an incessant almost daily torrent such that some days their new posts swamp the other posts with the real content are made welcome here yet someone who spends the time and makes a money investment to reproduce nla parts on a quality way somehow feels unwelcome? A person who himself and from his father before him has deep knowledge that was often freely shared to help others.

I don’t know Eric beyond a transaction or two. I certainly don’t much care about all the ins and outs that led to this situation but it seems the ESR community is diminished if Eric feels (or perhaps is actually is?) excluded. Can someone just reach out to see if can they sort it out— after all it’s just an old car hobby forum not the UN.
    Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-09-2024 at 06:47 AM.

not sure if this is the correct thread to place these comments? Reads more like a topic for its own thread? my 2cts. (btw. have dealt with Eric, nice chap!)
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

just my opinion/judgement
    Eric should be allowed to post/promote his offering.
    He contributes his expertise. A rare and valued commodity.
    As an example ... In building my car I have logged on to Bring a Trailer (His 1967 Targa) at least 100 times to see the visual clues of how my car should be built.
    I can only guess that management may feel that he must pay to advertise????
    I do not know
    But I truly believe his post inspire and contribute to the "worth of content" that this site needs.
    enjoy
    bob