Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 68 911L Elephant Hide interior

Quote Originally Posted by jfd View Post
    Thank you. The headrests look really good. My seats do not have the provision to accept the rods connected to the headrests and I don't want to tear them apart. I will try to find some 356 headrests and rig up some connection. Thanks.
    I would suggest the same. Elephant hide is just too darn rare

Not wanting to high jack the OP’s thread, but my US-delivered 911L (Feb 13, 1968 production date) has basketweave all around with the receptacles for the headrests in the top of the seats but was not delivered with headrests. If I wanted to add them, would they originally have been basketweave or elephant hide?

Here’s a shot from 1972 where you can see the tops of the seats with no headrests as well as a pic from today:

Name:  IMG_0118.jpeg
Views: 66
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  0D70B9EF-B498-4617-9101-36F8375B6978.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  172.2 KB
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

the headrests would be the same vinal as the Vinal on the back of the seats
    just standard vinal

Thanks guys. Great to have an organization that is willing to share info.
    Any suggestions on the 356 bolster style that is a good source?

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    the headrests would be the same vinal as the Vinal on the back of the seats
    just standard vinal
    Super, thanks!
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s