Thread: Ceramics/Graphene coatings for paint/PPF

Ceramics/Graphene coatings for paint/PPF

Seems I have fallen behind on keeping up with all the new coatings for paint these days. I am more of a traditional wax guy but the new offerings seem tempting but also confusing. Can anyone give a good summary in layman terms what the new offerings are and some advantages/disadvantages? Also, if you have the front of a car PPF(paint protection film) does it need to be treated with the coating as well?? Does the "ceramic" even get to the paint when applied to PPF?

Some givens seem to be paint prep before application of a "ceramic" and hardening(drying) time.

Some questions are how long they last, difficulty of application, cost, degree of shine...etc.

I am looking to do a new car and considering an older car with a paint correction.

The buzz around the ease of keeping the car clean and shiny has my interest.

Thanks!!

This is my car with full PPF and completely ceramic coated. My guy tells me the new PPF is much better than the original material in that it will last ten years and won't harden and pull the paint after that time when it is time for a new application or whatever route one chooses. I saw a 360 front bumper lose a lot of paint when older PPF was removed. Don't want that. It also won't yellow like the older stuff. The ceramic application protects the film and makes it much easier to wash the car which can be a chore with the magno paint. PPF is Suntek. Coating is Cerakote.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How long do you expect the Cerakote application to last?

For a car that is stored indoors and not daily driven They tell me that an annual touch up(?) costing about $300 will protect the PPF as long as I keep it. Not really sure what they meant by the touch up but I plan on doing it.