Hi,

Three questions-

On my 71S 2.2 MFI, I noticed a disconnected plastic coated earth cable hanging from the upper right side of the rear engine compartment (looking from the rear). What is the cable for and is it needed? Was it for an earth for the engine lid for the rear wiper that has been removed. The car has an earth cable from near the rear body tunnel to the end of the transmission and of course from the body to the battery

Second question, I’ve seen 2.2 engine photos of a pipe/hose about an 1” in internal diameter that is connected to the front of the air cleaner intake on the right front side of the engine (looking from the rear). Mine has the provision for the connection but is it necessary and where does it go to? The engine appears to be running well without it, apart from some occasional cold start MFI problems that I’m trying figure out.

Last question for Australian readers, I've noticed on the Pelican parts site that people recommend 'Swepco 201' for the gearbox oil. Can you buy something similar in Australia?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Dean