Hi,
I have a 67 911 which originally came with the standard 5 gauge package but not the combination gauges which came standard on 1967 911S's. The difference between the instruments are that the standard 911 fuel gauge only shows fuel level, whereas the 911S combo gauge has fuel and oil levels. Also, the standard 911 engine temp gauge only shows oil temps un-numbered, whereas the 911S gauge shows engine temp in numbered degrees as well as oil pressure in lbs.

The question I have is this: I bought a set of early S gauges and was able to hook up the fuel gauge and engine temp gauge without any problems by following the same wiring I used to disconnect the original gauges. However because the S combo gauges have two extra gauges, I am not sure which wires go to the extra gauges, (i.e. the oil pressure and oil level gauges). I assume that Porsche used the same wiring loop for both the standard 911's and 911S's, but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm this? Also, can anybody with an early 911S direct me on which wires go to which contacts on the back of each of the gauges - including ground wires?
Alternatively, if anyone has a 67 911S perhaps they could open the front hood and take some close up pic's showing what colored wires connect to which contacts, I would greatly appreciate it. These early gauges are hard enough to get to and the wiring is a little too busy back there for trial and error.
Thanks and Regards