Thread: The Dreaded Door Pockets

Wink The Dreaded Door Pockets

Hi...I'm new to the forum.
    I own a 1973 911S Coupe (RHD)...Living in New Zealand this is a plus.
    My question is about the good old rear folding door pockets. My car lost the pockets before I got owned it...the door panels were converted to one peice panels without any pockes...
    Iv'e over time got the pockets and the proper panel (with the cutout for th e rear pocket)
    What is behind the rear door pocket...Iv'e seen pics of the pocket opened and it appears that there is nothing between the pocket and the door, but Ive also seen in the Haynes book a door panel getting dismantled and there is a plastic sheet of some sort between the pocket and the door.
    I would be greatful of any help...pic if posiible

Talking

Yes, it is the vapor barrier (aka plastic sheet). The barrier is one continuous sheet from the top sill down to the top of the door pocket cutout. Then an additional sheet is added which forms an upside down 'V'. One part of the V stays with in the sheet metal for moisture drainage and the other seals at the bottom of the door pocket where it is screwed in. German engineering at it's finest.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Rick..thanks for the info...I thought ther was a barrier of some sort between the door and the pocket. The parts book desn't show much info on the subject.
    Sorry for not relying sooner, but I have been having trouble with logging on to the forum (all fixed now)

Graeme

Similar Threads

1. FS - 73 armrests, door pockets and door panels
    By X-Faktory in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
  2. FS: Parts from a 70T Door Pockets, Door Panels & Handles
    By 76911S in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 03:33 PM
  3. Door pockets, Bilstein Sports, NOS door handles
    By Unobtanium-inc in forum For Sale: 911 Parts