Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weekend visit

weekend visit

This weekend I went down to Long Island New York to hunt for some rare early Porsche parts.

The best part of the weekend was visiting fellow Early 911S Registry/ R Gruppe member Don Ahearn (Rennman). His collection of Porsche cars is impresive to say the least. Among them are a couple that I will post.

A series 1 Viper green RS that was prepared for racing by the world reknown Kremer Brothers, and another series 1 RS in light yellow. One correct respray, but other than that, an original beautiful car.

There is a third car I like the best, but I will save any info on that car until Don is done detailing it.

Don is a great guy and a huge asset to both clubs, not to mention his vast knowledge of the RS cars. It makes my day when people of his quality come out of the woodwork after a couple years of lurking around the boards!

Here's another try...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's the viper green RS:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Inspiring, to say the least. I better get off the computer and into the garage. I won't end up with a real RS, though. Those are nice. No, those are Real Special.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Uh, is that a garage or living room??? Looks like his collection lives better than I do!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

The gararge was beyond incredible! The most impressive show case for Porsche cars I have ever seen. Good to see Don knows where to put his $$. Nobody should forget, ya can't take it with ya, so you might as well buy the best bang for the buck, the early 911 !!

How long has he had the yellow one? I might be very familiar with it if it came out of Virginia.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Rick, I think the cat may be out of the bag already on the 68!

http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...&threadid=2115

out of the bag.....

I guess the small view of the left front fender gave it away!
    The 68 really didn't need a restoration, as it was pretty much rust free. Don loves to tidy things up a bit and take care of the detailing. When I wrote a article in ESSES a few issues back, I was wondering where all the early cars went with factory cool options. Don was one of two people who contacted me back directly. The other man was from Colorado, and I lost his phone #. To bad, as I would have liked to follow up on that one too.

Rick,

Thanks for sharing photos of Don's RS cars. Did you find any cool parts on your hunting trip?

Tom,

The Light Yellow RS is chassis #093. The car was originally delivered to a bus driver from Geneva Switzerland (sorry George). It was written up in the Nov. '01 issue of Sportscar Market Mag. It was sold at auction by RM in Monterey in Aug. '01. At that time it only had 52,000 miles on the clock. A shop in VA bought it at the auction. Nice to see it ended up in such a nice garage. I would post a link to the article but it does list the 'secret number', Don might not be too pleased to have that so available.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299