Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Restore to Original USA or Euro Standards?

Originally posted by Jens
    again. (from a Pelican thread)
    Well... At least it's reversible!

Sprint.

The holes for those "wicked cool" speakers and horns looked like they were cut with an axe, a really dull axe. I suppose a new rear deck could be welded in.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I have recovered - almost!!

Originally posted by Jens
    I suppose a new rear deck could be welded in.
    Jens, it has taken me an hour to recover from that interior. Can't imagine what the exterior looks like. (No, don't show me!!!) If these changes are reversible, then anything is.

I mean after all, it's only money. For the right bucks, you could cut off the flares that someone else put on, or remove "all" the rust from that rust bucket you found. But . . . .

would you really want to??

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Keep it stock U.S. as delivered, but stuff a hi-po motor in it. Love the bone-stock sleeper look. Retain the original motor (and tranny) to swap if back if needed.

My, method: Go for the Euro look, improve suspension, motor, seats, wheel, wheels and rubber, but retain all original parts and sheet metal for any potentila future owners.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Jens, it has taken me an hour to recover from that interior. Can't imagine what the exterior looks like. (No, don't show me!!!)
    One can only imagine but if that drivers side mirror is a clue then I think I'm gonna be sick.
    [insert pelican avatar of smilie throwing up]
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

What opinion?

FWIW, I have a '73 that came with F & R bumperettes (still have them). I've always liked the shape of the rear ones and how they taper. When I stand in front of the car and see the front bumperettes, pointing sorta forward like Marty Feldman's eyes... I imagine the two gaps-in-the-front-bumper-deco/let's-hurry-and-toss-these look. But if I'm driving around in the city and there's enough room in front of me to look to the side (or stuck for a red light) and see the reflection of my 911 in storefront windows, I like how they add length to the front end. So, 2D, yes... 3D, no. Unless or until I get a one piece front deco, RS bumper, or some black tape, they stay. Ha! If the tach is anywhere above 4500-5000, I'm grinning so much, *nothing else* matters anyways. Lower it, H1's or H4's, sport seats and if you spend more time walking around it instead of driving/grinning, get Euro lenses front and rear.