Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thoughts on this look

Ayup - that's it exactly. Can some one measure the width? Also do the ends run flush to the ends of the bumpers, or wrap around so they're cut flush with the inside bumper edge? Or a pic would do...

Thx
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

it is this size...

edit: I just measured (micrometered) my early thin (non s) deco trim, it is 1.80 inches.

Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Thanks Shawn. Great pic. Looks like a classic from the 60s. All the picture needs is a number and to be sitting in front of the pits.

Anchorage! Man you must be rabbid by the time driving season comes around. Of course, with our warmer winters...

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

that #54 car...

All,
    Was just passin thru on this thread...
    Sorry, I don't know anything about this white #54 (above, that Shawn posted about) either..but it sure "speaks my language, too..." Personally, if I were to run chrome bumperettes on the rear, I'd lean towards the non-rubberized variety for a leaner look. Or just paint em the body color like tiltons' car...I have the plain, chrome guys on mine.

Since my own #54 is still "in traction" as I speak, I thought I'd show another shot of it at speed on the fontana oval...this was last August. I augered in last October. I hope to be back in action nlt end of this february...

I'm thinking seriously of adding the side "porsche" stripe, along with a pair of open, and slotted plexi qtr windows (in the aluminum frames) as part of the "next iteration" of the Homemade 911. All of my body panels will remain factory steel (for the time being anyway...) since I had some mint condition sheet metal actually donated to my cause...vintage racers, in general, really are a fine bunch of people, always willing to help a guy out.

Cheers
    Thom Kuby
    VARA #54 Homemade 911
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cannot take credit for this info but i contacted a very credible source re: the bumper tape:

"Bob,
    1 inch wide is what was used, 3M makes the tape, in many colors, and I got it at P&S Sales in SF on Harrison St. between 9th and 10th St. -
    e wilberg"
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Guys thanks for the responses. I will contact the painter tomorrow and start getting the supplies together.

Brought home the original 2.4 and stored it in the back of the garage. May the tired beast enjoy its rest. At the same time checked on the new engine which is now 90% complete. This is the 20th 2,7 RS spec streetable 'racing motor' built by Redmond European. The last 2 dynoed at 240Hp at the wheels using the same mods and set up. I will give you a report on this 'on the wheel' after break-in.