Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RS in Japan on ebay

Originally posted by JCR
    I LOVE these threads!

High bidder is the brave sort, having bought this ONE recently.

Not a bad deal actually - for a real 67S roller + parts. Maybe he has the ability to "erase" any stories for the next buyer??? We should save these pics for the next time #0068 turns up for sale.
    I was offered that S, found something else instead, but it is what it is. I agree that RS 0068 may or may not be something, but as they say in Vermont "no tellin' not knowin'". And without documentation or a qualified look-see, it's scary at best.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Rotsa ruck, occidentals...........

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I think as far as this board is concerned

Really? You speak for the whole board, do you. I bet you don't. I bet I'm not the only one who thinks Paul (is it? Nice to meet you.) is a little too impressed with his own car, and defensive about the state of Oregon.

narcisistic

That's narcissistic. "Excessive interest in one's own appearance." Actually, I think Paul shows excessive interest in his car's appearance. (Thanks beginner for help with my spelling. At least I used the word hosanna properly.)

you've got seniority here

This is exactly the problem I see with this board. I've been lurking here for some time trying to cull information about early 911s. (I own an ordinary 73 911E.) Clearly there are a lot of knowledgeable people that post here, but I am put off by the cliquishness of this board, and am thus reluctant to post. Paul's posting today was just too much, the last straw, so to speak. It had nothing to do with thread, and just screamed "what about my great car," it seemed to me.

Seniority? Please. The internet is inherently democratic. I post with as much or as little anonymity as I please. There are as yet no membership fees to join, no literacy tests, no income requirements. What, I have to earn my right to express my opinion? (BTW, I'm not Tabs. I live in Oakland not Las Vegas. More about Tabs in a moment.) Why does this board need to designate its members as senior and junior? Why the cachet with a low RGrouppe membership number? Why the general attitude that if your car isn't bad enough, or original enough, or (at the other end of the spectrum) have 5.7 liter engine and monster flairs, or be the best in the country, you really shouldn't be posting here. Yes, yes, I've seen you welcome new members but they have to have the right attitude, don't they? The right reverential Porsche spirit. I really enjoy driving my car but its not my religion, and I certainly don't feel superior to those that don't own Porshces, or feel superior to Ts because I drive an E, fer crying out loud.

My other beef with Paul and this board is the way he/it drummed Tabs out. I thought most of what Tabs52 had to say was ridiculous (I'm not even convinced he owns an inoperable 911S), but he certainly was entertaining. Often, it was kept me coming back to the board for a chuckle. But he didn't fit the mold, did he? Didn't have the right reverential Porshce spirit. Well he's gone now, isn't he? And no, I have no intention of taking his place, so no need to put me on your ignore list, pwd.

Have we had a good talk?

Hi George,

Good job of summarizing the known pluses and minuses of the car. I was wondering also if the horn paddles were plastic. The seller also sent me this photo. Do you, or anyone else know what it is?

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Some kind of "master cut-off switch"?

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Cutoff?

Looks like a battery disconnect/master shut off with cable operated remote. Can we see the associated pull knob in the interior somewhere?

Jol

DGood,

Why don't you do us all a favor and call it quits after your illustrious "4 Post" career here!!!!

We don't need any more weasels who just want to stir the barrel with OT childish banter such as yours.

If indeed you have lurked on this board as much as you say you have, then you should realize that the spirit of passion and camaraderie that we share leaves no room for insecure, childish lurkers like yourself, who only contribute with an occasional OT post filled with negativity.

BEAT IT!!!!!
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Originally posted by pwd72s
    I'd rather have my car...one of those "inferior" S models....
    What I heard Paul say was "This RS is so questionable that I would rather have my lowly S". I didn't hear anything off topic at all.

I guess it's what filter one listens through...or how much baggage one brings.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Hello all,

Brian, Forgot your question - The frame rails in the engine compartment are not covered in undercoat as on third series cars or other 911s. The area I am speaking about is directly above the engine in the engine compartment.

The switch itself is the proper Bosch racing kill switch set up as a remote. I have seen a very simillar switch setup in Jim Newton's parade winning car. The remote switch was on the cowl. His setup was a bit different and I would say correct. I guess this
    E bay car saw some action.

With this price I guess I don't know the market anymore much like the real estate biz I am in.

Best,

Don

values

I've been told that the RS lwt that was at autofarm,was sold for about $180,000; admittedly it was a great car.in my opinion touring are worth 100 to 125;lwt's 150,000-175000.prices are strong there are not that many great cars. so if the car on ebay sells for more than the current high bid,i predict 50-70 will be required to make it right,that is if it is a real car.that will make the car 125 plus