Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please advise me!

the window trim is bright dipped anodized aluminum, it is very hard and can be removed with oven cleaner and then polished. You must then get these reanodized to protect the aluminum.

Paperwork is key here. Who did the rebuild and how many new parts were installed? Some rebuilds are not worth chasing after. Some oil leaks are easy to fix. You will get a clearer answer when all the investiagtion is finished.

One piece of advice: Both these cars are reasonalby priced. Don't be surprised if you loose out on one or both. These days, you have to be pretty agressive to get the car you want. You say you don't want to drive 2 hours one way and 3 the other. If you want a good early 911, consider that 2-3 hours is nothing compared to flying to another state. That's what people are doing nowadays. The early 911 is hot hot hot. If you want to take a lazy approach to buying a 911, buy a mid year car. Less money, more cars.

Oh, and don't be surprised if 95% of the cars you look at are just scary awful. The nice ones are pushing $20,000. S's more, T's a bit less.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    I would think a light citrus paint stripper for a short amount of time would take off a layer of Krylon rather quickly, while leaving the anodizing in place.
    I haven't tried it - so obviously test on a scrap piece first if you do. A mild glaze wax (3M Imperial Hand Glaze) should take off any stubborn paint bits left.

Zeke speaks the truth! I had to put a deposit on mine (contingent on PPI) 1 hour after my initial call asking for details. This was the day it was listed by the dealer. He said there were 2 other people already after it - which I initially took as typical sales BS. I called a recommended wrench (unaffiliated) near the dealer and they said I was the 3rd to call about scheduling a PPI for this silver 73 911. I phoned the dealer back immediately, overnight Fedexed a deposit to the other side of the county. I had no choice but to make the decision on the spot, if I hadn't, I would have lost the car.

Turned out to be the right decision!

This was a year and a half ago, the market has heated up considerably since then!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

911t mileage

Don`t rule out the mileage as being correct .I have a 71T Targa with 37000 miles I found here in Tucson, and for those of you at Dunkles , you may have seen a 72T gold Targa from here with 22000 on the clock.Both cars are in truely astounding original conditionThe key questions are:where and how was it stored, and who maintained it.It can be done.Good luck and have fun!