Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the used 911 story

OH, and larry - it ain't the size of the tool.....
    Chris
    70 911E
    FA-18C
    R Gruppe #295

And talkin about the 'size of the tool' …

The Zimmermann book's format was designed to fit into your back pocket…

Fifteen years ago I was looking HARD for an Early 911 just like some of you lads are doin now... Pete's book was the only one out there and invaluable in my search…

Pete's also a real nice guy who helped us teach at a couple of LA Region PCA drivers ed classes some years ago...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Yes, Chris, I know, it is the skill of the craftsman.

But I DID understand your sarcasm, I just didn't think that I needed to say it OUT LOUD. You know, if you have to explain the punchline, the humor is lost.

OK?

larry

P.S. Remember - he who drives the early Porsche HAS, by definition, the best tool. And how he drives it - well that determines his level of craftsmanship. lgc
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

now your talking...

Originally posted by FA-18C
    ...until I get the opportunity to build out a 2.5L short stroke to drop in....
    All 911 owners should pay homage to the humble 2.0 liter that helped start it all. At least until, I too can build a NA 2.5L short stroke!

2.0 challenged. Shawn.

BTW, why is the CIS 2.4 T so unliked?
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Re: now your talking...

Originally posted by Shawn

BTW, why is the CIS 2.4 T so unliked? [/B]
    Because CIS spelled backwards is....
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Originally posted by tabs52
    However there is something to be said for the 2.2 over the 2.4, the 2.4 developed power at lower rpm to give more bottom end power, which Americans love with their muscle cars vs the 2.2 where it developed it's power at a higher rpm which is more European in nature.
    Yeah you're right... I think I'll buy this. Who needs big engines, big tyres if you've got big balls to drive like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

holy cow, i just want to drive my car period.
    68' 911
    81' 280zx turbo (for sale)$4500 obo
    96' Honda Prelude
    03' Nissan Altima

cool photo...

...and on the opposite end of the torsion bar v.s. anti roll bar challenge; we find this...

that is performed with a 1.6 liter.

Thanks for the way cool picture and link to the sweet 2.2S coupe in France, Ian. Exchange rate is currently 5.1 F to 1 US dollar...ouch.

Shawn.

There are some interesting cars on that site...damn exchange rate and shipping costs.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

I love early cars. But personally, I think soft springs and small engines are a little bit overrated.

(600-pound springs and 11-inch wheels keep things -- almost -- completely planted.)

yes Jack, but...

wasn't this thread about early cars and thier engines. Those that were produced for model year 1973.

So, your radical new suspension technology mixed with old car hotrod is still just that. The original platform and design concept that the factory took to extremes with the RSR still exist in your car...BTW, this was an under 3.6 liter discussion.

Actually, it was, and should still be about Zimmerman's Book.

Not that I don't like Jack's car (I love it just as much as the rest of the world)...but, I guess we all now know who needs to post about his largest...displacement!

Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399